Speedify in action
Speedify makes easy work of complex under-the-hood technology with simple set-it-and-forget controls that “just work.” Programs and services run as they normally would, but benefit from increased security as well as the speed and redundancy of multiple Internet connections.
Frequently Asked Questions
- We use better encryption for mobile devices than anybody else
- We use channel bonding for bandwidth aggregation. Speedify can combine any kind of internet connections including: Wi-Fi, cellular, Ethernet, DSL… whatever gets you on the internet can be used.
- We support gapless handoff / connection failover
Don’t let the fact that we’re a “mobile VPN” scare you. “Mobile” here means that we can switch between internet connections without missing a beat. It’s still the best VPN for desktop computers as well, for all the same reasons.
- macOS 10.10
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- iOS 9.0
- Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat)
- Always – Use this connection all the time to boost Internet speeds
- Secondary – Only used when connections set to ‘Always’ are congested or unavailable. This setting is perfect if you want to use your 4G card or other costly Internet connections just when they’re needed to help keep your connectivity smooth.
- Backup – Only use this connection to keep you on the Internet if none of the ‘Always’ or ‘Secondary’ connections are available
- Never – Don’t use this connection
If your device or network requires additional configuration (such as running dialer software for mobile broadband networks or logging into captive portals on Wi-Fi and Ethernet networks at hotels or airports) as soon as you perform the required steps Speedify will be start using it..
Some restrictive networks, such as corporate or university networks, might block the traffic that Speedify needs to connect. Speedify currently uses UDP traffic for its tunnel, which can be blocked or throttled by some networks.