Mouth Watering Content via Live Streaming
On the 115th episode of Speedify LIVE we are joined by Chef Mike Haracz from Chef Mike Does Stuff, his personal YouTube channel where he posts fun and educational cooking content!
We chat to Chef Mike about what being a corporate chef means, where his love of cooking comes from, how to get sponsors and how it feels to get a couple million views on TikTok.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our interview with Chef Mike:
- Chef Mike says that having media training is something he highly recommends! He says that basic media training can help in being as marketable as possible, communicating better, knowing who your audience is and making sure you don’t say the wrong thing that could cause problems for you or the brand you represent.
- When it comes to growing an audience, Mike says that engagement is key! Being active, responding to people, and reaching out to other creators, even in other fields, and supporting them is essential. Show that you support others, and others will support you too.
- Chef Mike’s setup is pretty simple: he uses an iPhone that he films and edits his videos on, using the Videoshop app. Other than that, he makes use of what he has: leftover mic stands from his music days, blankets to soundproof the room, an affordable lapel mic for better sound, and a USB ring light for lighting.
- Talking about sponsorships, Mike says that you need to understand your industry net worth: know what you can influence and what you’re most knowledgeable about. So, if you make food related content, like Chef Mike, you will likely get more money from a food related sponsor than from a gaming company, and vice versa.
- Apart from YouTube and TikTok, Chef Mike says he uses LinkedIn quite a bit! He says if you want to reach out to a company or another creator, you can often find the right people associated with them on LinkedIn, become friends, show you exist, and if there’s an opportunity, they might just reach out.