Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Livestreaming a Sandwich-Fueled Walk Across the US | Speedify LIVE
September 1, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
We talk about what it’s like to only eat from Subway, how the sponsorship with them came about, and learn how Sean is using Twitch Channel Points in a creative way.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Subway Sean:
- Sean is officially sponsored by Subway itself (along with a few other sponsors)! He says he first reached out to a number of potential sponsors, but the Subway deal only happened after he had already started his cross-country trip, having been featured in the news, Subway reached out to provide the necessary tech and all the Subway meals Sean would need.
- For the livestreams Sean uses an elaborate setup: a Kiloview P2 bonding encoder with two AT&T sims in the encoder itself and two Verizon hotspots. The encoder plugs into a GoPro HERO10 via HDMI that has a media mod attachment for wind protection. He also has two phones, one for tracking steps via a Pedometer app, and one to check comments, mounted on a baby stroller that houses all his setup. As for power, he has six 26000 milliAmp battery packs that can last 3-4 days.
- Sean is not just walking for fun; he is also doing it for charity! He is walking and raising money for Big City Mountaineers, a national organization that takes kids and adolescents from disinvested communities on their first camping trips and wilderness adventures, giving them opportunities they wouldn’t have otherwise.
- The SubwaySean Twitch streams are using Channel Points in a creative way! Viewers who collect 100,000 Channel Points can design a custom Subway sandwich for Sean, that he has to eat at least four bites of. The most interesting so far has been a tuna sub with three lines of every sauce that caused Sean to miss a day of walking.
- Sean gives some useful advice in regards to getting sponsors: he says you just need to get out there, start doing your thing, and once you show companies that you have a level of commitment, they will start taking interest and reaching out.
One of the reasons I got into streaming is I wanted to show people that if you have a dream out there and you feel like it's something worth chasing, you just got to go for it sometimes. And if you work hard, you put the effort in it, it'll all work out in the end.
On the 124th episode of Speedify LIVE we are joined by with SubwaySean himself, the IRL Twitch streamer who has been walking through the United States eating nothing but Subway food! We talk about what it’s like to only eat from Subway, how the sponsorship with them came about, and learn how Sean is using Twitch Channel Points in a creative way.
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Speedify LIVE is a weekly talk show and web series hosted by Speedify CEO Alex Gizis featuring a rotating panel of special guests. The show focuses on the industry of live streaming as well as the software and technologies that power it and frequently covers topics related to internet connectivity. Tune in on Twitch, YouTube Live, or Facebook Live.