Join us LIVE with Christina Dorner of CDornerFitness, who live streams daily virtual workout classes on her YouTube channel!
- This event has passed.
Nojunkofood: The IRL Streamer Livestreaming All Around Tokyo | Speedify LIVE
September 6 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
How to Have Fun in Tokyo while Livestreaming It
On the 125th episode of Speedify LIVE we once again travel to Japan virtually, as we’re joined by NoJunkoFood, the Japanese Twitch travel livestreamer who has been streaming her adventures around the city of Tokyo.
We chat about how she ended up streaming on Twitch, her favorite Japanese dishes and snacks, and she even tries to teach us some Japanese words!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our talk with Junko:
- NoJunkoFood started streaming on Twitch thanks to FTwilight, who we’ve had on our stream before! He insisted long enough on her streaming that she started doing IRLs, cooking streams and teaching Japanese to her chat. She also plans on repurposing her streams for YouTube eventually.
- Junko has a fairly simple IRL stream setup: she uses her iPhone 10 to stream and read chat, she has a Moza Gimbal for stabilizing the video, which she attaches to her bike whenever she rides around Tokyo. As for software, she uses the Streamlabs app.
- When it comes to her favorite places in Tokyo, Junko says there’s a few places that are a must-see! She recommends Akihabara for its anime and gaming stores, Shibuya for the world-famous road-crossing, and Odaiba for its beach.
- Junko does her best to communicate with her audience, but there are some challenges! She streams in Japanese and English, but due to the language barrier, sometimes it’s hard to understand her chat; plus, she currently only has one phone, so she can’t constantly read chat, but she’s ready to get a second phone!
- In regards to future plans, Junko says she would love to teach more on stream! Her plan is to use Japanese Manga to teach her audience the language in a fun way!
I like Akihabara because it's really fun. They always have new things, like anime and gaming things. And Chat is always excited, so that's why I'm having fun too.