Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A With Our Developers
November 16 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Starlink, New Release and Privacy
On the 150th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with Speedify’s Lead Developer to discuss what the team’s been working on!
We take viewer questions, take a look into our Mailbag for unique user cases, and talk about what’s coming in Speedify 12.7!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify 12.7 is around the corner and one of the improvements we’re working on is around Starlink connections! We’re putting in some special rules that make certain things go around the VPN, so that you could monitor stats and configure things in the Starlink router even while the VPN is connected! Similar rules will be added for services that often block VPNs, like online banking.
- Mailbag Question no1. brings up a common issue that our MacOS users face! There’s a fairly hidden step when you want to USB tether a phone to a Mac, where you need to uncheck Disable Unless Needed in the Networks Settings of the Mac so you could use the tethered connection at the same time as others, and bond them in Speedify!
- Mailbag Question no2. is a common request: running Speedify and another VPN on the same device. Running multiple VPNs often causes issues as the VPNs can conflict with each other. The best solution is to run Speedify on a separate device, and share the bonded connection with the device running the other VPN.
- Mailbag Question no3. is all about IRL livestreaming, so here are our recommendations: use an iPhone, bonding its own connection with another phone’s Wifi Hotspot in Speedify, streaming through Larix Broadcaster; make sure to run a Livestream Test in Speedify to knowing what kind of resolution you can expect, and leave Priority and Bonding settings on the recommended Auto to help prioritize and stabilize the stream!
- Speedify is a VPN, and as such, your Privacy is important to us – which is why we don’t keep logs! We don’t collect information on your visited IP addresses, DNS lookups, apps you run or the data you send through us! We only keep some performance data for about two weeks, as we want to know which servers are performing best, and where we need to improve!
We’ll bond absolutely anything..you start Speedify and you run a video app, and we’re giving you bonded video. But you can fire up a podcasting app, we’ll give you bonded podcasts; you fire up a web browser, and we give you bonded web pages, and so on. We’re bonding your Internet.