Join us LIVE for Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: Live with Steak-Umm Nate
August 24, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
How to Build a Memorable Twitter Presence
Nathan Allebach a.k.a. Steak-umm Nate is the man behind the Steak-umm Twitter account, with absurdist humor and self-aware commentary. He also hosts a podcast and loves learning how to improve communication between people with ideological differences.
Watch this episode of Speedify Live to learn how you can grow and engage better with your social audience (especially Twitter) as a brand or as an individual. Nate has some great anecdotes to share.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Steak-umm Nate:
- The persona of the Steak-umm account was not a pre-planned solid thing from the beginning. It took Nate and his agency a while to figure out what they wanted to do, what worked, what didn’t, and how they could combine Nate’s personality and interests into a brand mascot. But they managed, and it all worked out.
- Nate says that their big turning point for the account came in 2018 when they did a commentary on the struggles of millennials and parasocial dynamics online, which became a viral thread and received a lot of mainstream media attention.
- As personal as Steak-umm Nate’s Twitter threads can become sometimes, he likes to actively remind people that what they’re doing is indeed advertising, and that anyone interacting with him is participating in a game of marketing.
- While Nate has done some streaming before on Twitch, he finds written word and thinking things through a better option than trying to come up with things on the go, live, in front of people. This way he can avoid mistakes and saying things he didn’t mean.
- Nate’s advice to others would be that it’s better if you don’t get stuck on one past success. Any success is worth celebrating, and even bragging about sometimes, but you can still continue actively pursuing new knowledge and trying to learn more about current trends.
I like reminding people that, you know, what they're participating in is a game of marketing.. no matter what the intentions are behind it.