Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
Taking Mobile Livestreaming to the Professional Level with Chris Carson | Speedify LIVE
October 6 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Best Practices for Mobile Livestreaming
On the 137th episode of Speedify LIVE we welcome back SteadiLive founder, videographer and livestreaming professional, Chris Carson to talk about everything streaming and Speedify!
We chat about how livestreaming has changed, how he’s updated his setup since our last interview, and even get a LOT of good advice on how to start out as a streamer.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Chris Carson:
- Having been a big advocate of using what you have, and just streaming off an iPhone, Chris has recently switched up his setup! Previously he used iPhones with apps like Switcher Studio, but now he’s switched to a Sony a7 IV camera connected to an M1 MacBook Pro via USBC, running Ecamm, which he’s a big fan of, and using an Elgato Wave:3 microphone.
- Chris says there’s a number of things that have changed in the world of livestreaming: he says the software and hardware are a lot more capable, highlighting Apple’s M1 series and all its capabilities. While he also mentions the advancements in 5G coverage, and even brings up how Speedify can help to balance things out for streams.
- When it comes to how one should start in the world of streaming, Chris has a few pieces of advice: don’t listen to others saying you need the latest and greatest gear. Start with what you have, and only upgrade if you are sure that it will solve an actual problem. He also emphasizes honing your skills, getting better and learning as much as you can. Then just rinse and repeat all those in a cycle.
- Chris says he’s been lucky with his SteadiLive Streaming Facebook group, but to build your audience you need a few things first: look at what you’re doing, what your message is, and what your audience could be, then pick a platform and go for it, because there’s no doubt you can succeed on any platform!
- According to Chris, he’s built his livestreaming career on failures, but he’s always managed to get out on top! He says the key to learning from his failures was knowing that even if they were down, they were not out, as there’s always an alternative to keep you going!
Speedify has been a huge part of what my team and I have done and do. Because we need, not only our live streams to work, but we are also uploading files in real time to our servers back home, to our editing team that is offsite. So Speedify and a more reliable, and secure and fast connection has been so critical to everything we do.