Join us LIVE with Christina Dorner of CDornerFitness, who live streams daily virtual workout classes on her YouTube channel!
- This event has passed.
YouWereFound: Behind a Pro IRL Streamer’s Tech Setup | Speedify LIVE
August 23 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Equipment for IRL Live Streaming
On the 119th episode of Speedify LIVE we are once again joined by professional Philadelphia IRL Twitch streamer, Bryan from YouWereFound!
We go behind the scenes of his IRL streaming tech, talk about how he uses Speedify to help his streams, and give some recommendations on how you can improve your experience with some tweaks in the Speedify settings.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Bryan:
- The Speedify LIVE IRL stream setup has been upgraded once again! We have now added a new Razer Phone Cooler Chroma, which is a small cooling device that will (hopefully) help our IRL streams with the overheating problems we’ve been having. Alternatively, you can get the tiny umbrella Bryan bought for his streams.
- Bryan has built his own Raspberry Pi tablet to run Speedify and his IRL streams from. He generally combines 2 cellular connections on it, tethered via USB, and shares the bonded connection to his GoPro via Wi-Fi. He also uses StreamElements for stream alerts, and runs OBS on his home server which he sends the stream through to Twitch.
- When it comes to wired vs wireless streaming between his devices, Bryan says he prefers to use a cable when possible. He says that going wireless can heat up the GoPro more, especially on sunny days, plus given that the GoPro also serves as an encoder for the video, wireless uses a lot more resources and makes things heat up quickly.
- Preventing overheating in case of summertime IRL streams can be a challenge. We have tried many things, even bought a cooler for the streaming phone, but some of the simplest steps are free: take the phone case off and if you can, don’t use a wireless battery pack. You can also use a mesh backpack for your streaming setup so it can get more air while you stream.
- If you want to maximize your Speedify streaming experience there’s a few things you can adjust in your Speedify settings: use Streaming Mode - it recognizes and prioritizes your streams and intelligently switches between redundancy and active bonding depending on what you need; and you can adjust Priorities for your connections to control how much each of them is used.
The most important thing when you're out in the world is, you could have all of the most amazing tech on the planet, but what it comes down to is trying to stabilize your internet connection.