Join us for live Q&A, tech support, and Speedify update news from our developers.
- This event has passed.
Better Streaming to Instagram Live with Speedify
August 5, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
How to Go Live on Your Phone Without Dropping Out
The 7th episode of Speedify Live is a bit different: instead of having a guest, we provide a live demo on how Speedify can help you get reliable connectivity for your livestreams, especially if you’re doing IRL streams.
In this episode we demonstrate the difference between walking around town with and without Speedify securing your livestream!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our live demo of mobile streaming:
- Without Speedify, and only the iPhone switching connections on its own, Ryan’s connection drops as soon as he enters the elevator, and is only able to come back online once he’s out of the building, now connected through his mobile data.
- With Speedify combining Ryan’s mobile data and a wifi, Ryan is able to ride the elevator without losing connection, only experiencing a minor drop in frame rate. Speedify has managed to save him from a Streamergency!
- Speedify is able to intelligently recognize when you’re streaming, and if it sees that things are bad, dropping packets, it will go into Redundant mode, and try to stream your video on both your connections, and deliver on whichever packet actually gets through.
- The Speedify app provides you with real-time reporting on your Usage, Latency and Loss while you’re connected. You can switch between tabs to monitor with a single click!
- Speedify is fine-tuned for livestreaming, even recognizing what you’re using for your stream and displays it in the app! In our case, since we used Melon through Google Chrome, the stream was picked up as Chrome. This way you can monitor your stream even through Speedify!
We have put a lot of focus on testing with streaming... testing all these apps in brutal circumstances, and I got to tell you, what we see is a huge difference in the reliability of your ability to livestream while on the move if you have Speedify running.