Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
IRL: iPhone-Powered LIVE Tour of Longwood Gardens | Speedify LIVE
August 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
A Live Streaming Stroll Through Longwood Gardens, PA
We chat about our IRL streaming setups, how we manage to avoid our devices overheating, and eat some flavored roasted crickets for Twitch subs!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our IRL stream at Longwood Gardens:
- Longwood Gardens is not just your regular garden! They constantly have a number of beautiful art exhibits all over the gardens, have an open theater, around 1700 fountains, a seasonal flower path that gets replanted each season, a beer garden, a kids’ area, and many, many more!
- We have a double IRL stream setup this time: a Raspberry Pi combining a Verizon and a T-Mobile connection in Speedify, sharing it via Wi-Fi to our iPhone 12 Pro, which is also running Speedify bonding the shared Speedify Hotspot with its own At&T cellular connection. Believe it or not, the performance doesn’t suffer because of double Speedify!
- For microphones, we’re using the Rode Go 2 mics, which have worked so well for us so far! We have also realized that they are very good at not picking up background noise, so we don’t actually have to yell into them when we’re in a crowd or an event.
- We have added the Razer Phone Cooler Chroma to our IRL stream setup, possibly permanently! This little USB device is strapped to the back of the iPhone running the stream, preventing it from overheating.
- When it comes to 720p vs 1080p, Bryan says that is more than enough for an IRL stream! By setting to a lower resolution, which still does provide a clear picture, will help not overload your phone, and will be easier on your stream in case of a weaker connection.
As an IRL streamer, you gotta make sure you've got literally everything. So I always make sure I've got everything I need in case a Streamergency happens on the road or anything
On the 121st episode of Speedify LIVE we are once again joined by Bryan from YouWereFound to head out into the beautiful Longwood Gardens at the DuPont estate. We chat about our IRL streaming setups, how we manage to avoid our devices overheating, and eat some flavored roasted crickets for Twitch subs!
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Speedify LIVE is a weekly talk show and web series hosted by Speedify CEO Alex Gizis featuring a rotating panel of special guests. The show focuses on the industry of live streaming as well as the software and technologies that power it and frequently covers topics related to internet connectivity. Tune in on Twitch, YouTube Live, or Facebook Live.