Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
IRL with FrightMaps: Launching the NEW Haunted Attraction Map App | Speedify LIVE
September 29 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
The 2022 Halloween Extravaganza
On the 134th episode of Speedify LIVE we head to the launch party of FrightMaps, the new app by Speedify developer Mike Kane that maps haunted houses & attractions around the country.
We talk to special guests Randell Spackman and Mike Kane, as well as food, local brews and craft vendors, while we also take viewer questions and learn everything about FrightMaps!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our IRL stream from the FrightMaps launch party:
- As usual, our IRL setup consists of: an iPhone 12 Pro running Speedify, combining its own cellular with the Wifi Hotspot of another phone; using Larix Broadcaster to send the RTMP stream to Restream Studio, streaming live to all platforms. We’re also using our trusted Rode Wireless Go II Mics, and DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Gimbal.
- Speedify developer Mike Kane has released yet another holiday-themed app: FightMaps! This is the Halloween version of the successful ChristmasPrism app, which displays the locations of official haunted houses and Halloween attractions around the US, and anyone can add their own so people can come and check them out in person!
- Streamergencies can occur due to hardware issues too, and unfortunately, this is what happened to our friend Stephanie Liu. Planning to speak at Ecamm’s Leap Into Podcasting event, even with a good connection and using Speedify, she was unable to attend due to computer issues. Lesson of the day: you need working internet, but if your computer isn’t working, there’s only so much we can do.
- The FrightMaps launch event hosted a number of vendors that we had the pleasure to talk to! Megan Mundy sells macrame plant hangers, Katie’s Heart and Sola Creations sells wood flower arrangements, LoveLeigh Craftco is here with leather and cork earrings, and Shirley’s Fried Ice Cream is providing the sweets for the event!
- Using multiple Wi-Fi can be a bit tricky, especially on a mobile device, but desktop is a lot easier! While phones only have one built-in radio so they can only use one Wi-Fi at a time, in case of computers you can plug in as many USB Wi-Fi adapters as you need and use multiple Wi-Fi connections in Speedify!
I decided to create the Halloween app as a standalone version, and it's fantastic. You open the app just like ChristmasPrism, and it shows all the big haunted houses in the entire nation. Whether you have a pumpkin or a 12 foot skeleton, we want to see your house.