What Live Streaming Gaming and Food Reviews Have in Common
On the 116th episode of Speedify LIVE we’re joined by famous Canadian comedian, food reviewer and Twitch streamer, Navious.
We chat with Navious about how he keeps his audience engaged, how he chooses the food he reviews, repurposing content, and we even review some chips together.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our talk with Navious:
- Navious started streaming on Twitch because once he had decent enough internet, he felt like he had to try it! He streams video games, food reviews, does “just chatting” streams, as well as “you laugh, you lose” streams where he watches YouTube videos with his audience for rewards like gift subs.
- When it comes to keeping the audience engaged, Navious uses a number of fun Twitch features: he’s had sound commands that chat could use and make the streams more fun; he’s set up different rewards with channel points; while he also has a “Wheel of Coolness” which he spins for a fun task or question from the audience with every new subscriber he gets.
- Doing food reviews, Navious often streams the entire process of getting the food he’ll taste. For these IRL streams he uses VDO.ninja to broadcast the camera to OBS running at his home, so he could still get the stream alerts and scenes he’s set up.
- One of the bigger collabs Navious has done is an interview with CodeMiko! He saw that they were interviewing smaller streamers, so he jumped on their Discord and did the interview, which turned out to be so fun he stayed on CodeMiko’s stream for hours.
- Navious says that while repurposing content is in his plans, it’s a really long and hard process. To make things a bit easier we recommended Descript, a software that can not only transcribe your videos, but you can also edit the recording itself by editing the transcribed text.