Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify developers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Coffee and Q&A with the Developers: MORNING Office Hours
May 3 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
Live Q&A with Speedify's CEO and Head Developer
On the 197th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with the Speedify Devs, this time in the morning hours to make sure we get to answer questions from all around the world!
We talk about Speedify basics, what’s coming in 13.3, and as usual, take viewer questions about all things Speedify, Starlink and livestreaming!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- For those new to Speedify: it’s an app that allows you to make use of multiple internet connections on your device. On mobile, you can use your cellular and a Wi-Fi; while on desktop you can connect to and combine a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, tethered phone, etc, depending on what you have available!
- People use Speedify for a variety of reasons, but there’s two main ones: speed and reliability. If you have two slower connections, you can bond them for their combined speeds; or if your connections tend to drop out often, Speedify can provide more reliability by automatically and seamlessly shifting over to the other connection without interrupting what you’re doing!
- If what you’re looking for is better speeds, Speed mode will be the better choice; otherwise, Redundant mode may be your choice. Speed mode will bond your connections and add up their bandwidth to give you better speeds; while Redundant mode will operate at the speed of the fastest connection and send some of the packets over all connections to provide more reliability.
- Speedify 13.3 is just around the corner with more performance improvements! The upcoming release is inspired by our learnings from our 24/7 Starlink stream, with improvements focusing on how we handle and measure jitter on your connections.
- In case of more than just 2 connections, you can still have them all be Primary - or adjust the Connection Priorities based on your needs and what the connections are! Primary will use the connection all the time, Secondary are used a bit less, but kick in for speed boosts or if the Primary fails; Backup connection’s will only be used when the first two options fail, and the Never option lets you not use specific connections at all.
Both from a reliability standpoint and a speed standpoint, Speedify can make a lot of improvements to your internet experience by using multiple connections.
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Tune in and chat with us live on:
Speedify is the only app that combines your wifi, cellular, wired, and even your friend’s phone signals – into one ultra-fast and super secure link that keeps you all connected for the best possible live streaming, video calling, or just posting to your favorite app.
Subscribe to Speedify on YouTube
Get news, success stories, and our weekly livestreaming show Speedify LIVE! Tune in to chat and ask questions or to yell at us if that makes you happy. We're from Philly, we can take it.