Join us LIVE for Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A With Our Developers
November 23, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Live Questions about Speedify
On the 151st episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with Speedify’s Mike Kane to chat about all things Speedify and how it helps with livestreaming!
As usual, we take viewer questions, take a look at the latest release, Speedify 12.7, and discuss how subscriptions purchased through Apple differ from our regular ones!
Here are 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify 12.7 is officially out on all platforms! Among other fixes, we have added Bypass option for Starlink’s router and apps so that you could access them and monitor your usage while Speedify is connected; we also did the same to some Apple updates that didn’t work while the VPN was active; and we’ve improved Automatic Priority detection for USB tethered phone connections.
- Important update: the MacOS Ventura 13.1 Beta seems to have some issues that prevent Speedify, and some other apps, from running properly! If you have updated to the Beta and see a blank UI, this is the cause, but if you haven’t, we recommend avoiding the Beta as they can often cause issues. Keep an eye out for future Apple updates for a fix, though!
- Mailbag Question no.1 brings up a surprisingly common issue: the importance of having Speedify be up to date! Using an older version of Speedify may cause issues like lower performance or connections showing with incorrect names, so we always recommend getting the latest version as soon as you can!
- Mailbag Question no.2 brings up the question of how you can use Speedify on multiple devices in case you purchased through Apple: when you first buy, you will get the option to Register an Account with an email and password. You will then be able to sign in with the same login info on up to 5 devices at the same time!
- Mailbag Question no.3 brings up another Apple related fact: if you bought a Speedify Families plan through the Apple AppStore, you will also need to manage said family through Apple. Up to 5 people who are marked as Family members within your Apple account, will have access to your Unlimited Speedify subscription.
Here at Speedify we are all about keeping people connected. We think it's so important that everyone has access to the free and uncensored internet with good enough access that they can do calls, that they can watch live streams.