How to Make the Most Out of Your Internet Connection
On the 194th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with the Speedify Devs to talk about all things Speedify!
We take viewer questions about P2P use on servers, getting around casino sites, we take a look at recent changes made to our streaming channels, and check out some user-specific cases from our Mailbag!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- The Speedify app tracks and flags P2P traffic on our regular servers so we can avoid any users doing anything less than legal. P2P is currently only allowed on Torrent-friendly servers, so if you have a Dedicated Server with us, and are getting P2P activity flags, contact our support and we’ll enable P2P for you – keep in mind then any notices will be your responsibility then!
- The Speedify streaming channels have changed again! We now have a dedicated Speedify Labs Twitch channel just for our 24/7 Starlink stream, and other tests and demos, while Speedify LIVE will be airing on our main Twitch from now on as well!
- Mailbag Question no.1 is more common than you’d think: using the same connection twice! If your connections are coming from the same router, you’ll only be able to get speeds that you would get from connecting to that one router at best, so we always recommend separate connections, possibly separate providers!
- Mailbag Question no.2 is a MacOS specific operating system issue that often gets missed: when USB tethering an iOS device to a Mac you’ll need to uncheck Disable Unless Needed in the Mac’s Network Settings so you could use the Cellular connection with other connections at the same time and bond them in Speedify!
- Mailbag Question no.3 concerns server selection: in case you choose a specific server, but Speedify connects you to a different server number in that location, that means the server doesn’t exist anymore or is too busy, so the app decided it’s better to connect you to a different one!