Join us for live Q&A, tech support, and Speedify update news from our developers.
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
April 6 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Preview of Speedify 12 - What's New, What's Improved
On the 69th episode of Speedify Live we hold Office Hours with one of Speedify’s lead developers, Mike Kane, who has been really busy recently, working on a very important upcoming Speedify update!
We discuss what’s coming to Speedify in version 12, how many connections you can combine on different devices, and also chat about Internet Freedom, which is one of Speedify’s core values.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify 12 is going to be the software update you won’t want to miss! Its main goal and focus is stability, stability, stability, and making streaming an even higher priority for the app! Speedify 12 is going to make sure that your cellular connection is used more to help you streams,
- When it comes to the benefits of streaming with Speedify there’s quite a few! Speedify will prioritize your stream traffic over any other online traffic when in Streaming Mode; one of the main benefits come from Redundancy, as Speedify makes sure that your packets get through by sending them over multiple connections; you can get faster speeds by combining multiple connections; and last but not least: Speedify ensures a seamless failover between connections, should one of them drop.
- Speedify can combine up to 31 on the Software side of things, but it will ultimately come down to how many connections your device can accept, i.e. how many adapters and ports you have available. If you have a lot of connections, you may need to buy some extra USB adapters.
- If you’re having trouble sharing your screen using Chrome on a Mac, don’t worry, it’s not just you! There seems to have been a recent change on Apple or Chrome’s side that sometimes prevents screen sharing. In this case, you will need to give Chrome screen sharing permissions in your Mac’s settings.
- Speedify is a channel bonding VPN that stands out from other VPNs in many ways! While regular VPNs only make one tunnel to their server, with a single TCP or UDP connection to jam all your traffic through, Speedify makes eight connections back to the remote server on every connection you have, maxing out all connections, providing the best performance possible!
We believe in internet freedom here and is a strong stance of ours that everyone deserves unfettered access to the internet.