How to Make the Most out of Speedify with Families, Teams and Dedicated Servers
On the 88th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours with one of Speedify’s lead developers to discuss some interesting features of Speedify.
We chat about the recent changes to our iOS app, how you can buy and manage a Families subscription, and what the benefits of having your own Speedify Dedicated Server are.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- We have just released an update specifically for our iOS app: Speedify version 12.1.3 will now help you run Speedify on older versions of iOS. As we try to support every platform and every Speedify user, we released this update for those that may still be on older devices that don’t allow for new system updates.
- For this specific stream we used quite the multi-level setup: the stream is run in Ecamm on a Mac mini, running the call in Streamyard that has Ecamm set as its camera, all that goes into Restream, which then streams it all to Twitch, YouTube, etc.
- Speedify for Families is one of our three subscription types that is probably the best deal you’ll get! With a Families subscription you get 5 users for the price of 1.5, allowing you to have 5 users total (you + 4 others), each with their own login information, and each being able to use Speedify on up to 5 devices of their own!
- If you want to connect to a specific server within a specific location, Speedify allows you to manually select a server! Head into the Settings menu on the top left, go into the Servers option, and under each country you’ll be able to select cities or even specific servers within cities by clicking the dropdown arrow.
- The Speedify Teams subscription allows you to buy Dedicated Servers which comes with a number of benefits! We set up the server in your chosen location, which can be any of our available server locations; it’s a server available only to you and your team, which means it will never get overcrowded; it provides for performance of 1Gbps, as well as the ability to use Port-Forwarding on the Dedicated Server.