Proven Solution for Any Streamergency
Good Internet connectivity is essential for hassle-free video streaming. It literally makes or brakes your streaming experience. When your connection is sub-par, the symptoms of streaming issues range from lower video quality playback to buffering and even disconnects. You having problems with streaming videos is what defines a streaming emergency (also called "streamergency").
Streamergencies can happen anytime you're streaming video:
- when watching your favorite movies, TV shows and clips on Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Twitch, etc.
- when broadcasting yourself (live streaming) on Twitch, Facebook Live or YouTube
- when taking part to video conferences on Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Skype Google Classroom, etc.
This article shares a proven solution to quickly address any streaming emergency - Speedify connectivity tool and VPN.
Understanding Streaming Emergencies - Why They Happen
As mentioned above, a streaming emergency is usually caused by an Internet connectivity glitch or a sub-par connection. Of course, issues on the platform side (Netflix, Twitch, YouTube, Zoom, etc.) can happen, but the probability of that is much lower than you having issues with your Internet connection.
Streamergencies can happen when:
- Other apps are hogging the Internet bandwidth. At some point there might not be enough left to send and receive the audio and video network packets needed for smooth streaming.
- You have a slow Internet connection. Some Internet connections just aren’t fast enough to allow high quality video streaming.
- There is high packet loss. Internet connections are dropping network packets, so your streaming video misses parts of the audio or video. This usually happens at the edge of the range on wireless connections like Wi-Fi and cellular.
- You’re moving while using the Internet – riding on trains and buses for example. That’s because the coverage varies as you travel through hills and tunnels and bridges.
Bottom line – you need better Internet that should be faster, and more reliable. And we have just the perfect tool to get this - read on.
How to Get Fast and Stable Internet to Avoid Streaming Emergencies
First of all, you should make sure the streaming issues are not from the platform's side. Check their servers status page and/or their Twitter accounts for any news about problems.
Next, you should check your ISP's status page / social media for any reported outages. And test your Internet speed so you know you're getting what you're paying for.
If you want to go ahead and troubleshoot your issue, you can follow this article here. But if you want to address your streaming emergency quickly, just use Speedify directly on your computer or mobile device.
Address Streamergencies Once and for All with Speedify
Speedify is a fast bonding VPN that uses channel bonding technology to allow you to combine 2 or more Internet connections together simultaneously. Speedify automatically detects audio and video streams. By watching the flow of packets, Speedify can determine:
- how much bandwidth is needed for a specific streaming video, and
- whether or not you're getting the capacity it requires.
Once Speedify has identified the streams, it does several things for them:
- Maintains Quality of Service (QoS) to make sure they get the connectivity they need versus other services. Speedify prioritizes video streaming traffic over other types of web traffic. Things like web browsing, backups and software updates won’t mess up your calls and live streams.
- Bonds connections for faster Internet speed. Speedify can split single video streams across multiple available Internet connections. It can send some packets on Wi-Fi, some on cellular and some on a wired Ethernet connection, if available. Speedify also reassembles these packets so the app just sees a faster Internet connection. By moving network packets through all available connections on a computer, smartphone, tablet or other supported device, Speedify can get up to 95% of the speed of the combined connections.
- Minimizes packet loss using redundancy. If your Internet connections are dropping network packets, then Speedify can detect this. It will start sending the packets redundantly, on all available internet connections at the same time! Speedify only delivers whichever packet gets through first.
By sending the same data on several connections, and then only delivering whichever copy gets through first, Speedify provides the best reliability of all connections and the lowest latency of any of your connections.
So, Speedify helps you survive network drop outs, avoid bad latency, and make sure that everything gets through, even in the worst conditions.
Here’s what happens under the hood: Speedify adds timing information to every network packet, so it can gather statistics in real-time. As connections change, and other apps start or stop sending data, Speedify adjusts its strategies on the fly. So, you might be bonding connections on the bridge, but Speedify will automatically switch to Redundant Mode as soon as you enter the tunnel. You don’t need to worry about it.
Forget about streaming emergencies! Use Speedify and enjoy video streaming without any problems.