Why Do You Need a Faster Internet Connection
Sometimes in life we can keep the pace slow and get things completed well - just not with internet speed. If your Internet is not up to par, you will experience internet disconnections, freezes, and slow internet response. If you have any of these, it can ruin your online sessions. Whether you use your internet for schooling, a corporate meeting, that loved one's wedding, we all gathered virtually to be a part of while distancing.
Remember waiting all day to get your turn on the computer, that was shared, to log onto your internet thru a dial up? Those were the days my friends, thank god they came to an end! Today when you get locked up and are awaiting the buffering wheel, are you reminded of those days of long ago? How about when you lock up on a stream, mid-though at the work conference, you have to disconnect and then get back on and well; they moved on from that topic. Read on for a way to keep you moving at a pace worthy to keep you in the race.
Usual Causes for Slow Internet Connection
There are various reasons for having a slow internet connection. The most basic test you can run is a speed test. This is so you can confirm how slow your internet is.
- If you get a slow Internet connection on a specific device only, you may just have to reboot the device. Or you may need to perform an antivirus scan to check that everything is fine.
- If the slow Internet connection appears on multiple devices, then it’s almost certainly a network problem. Power cycling or rebooting the router is a good first step, but if the issue is still present, you should call your ISP or Internet service provider for assistance.
How To Make Your Internet Connection Faster
If you get a slow Internet connection on one of your devices, here are some tips to deal with it:
- Stop background programs that hog bandwidth – some applications run background processes that are hidden. Those can quietly consume network resources. Check your operating system and settings for any apps that are doing back-ups in the cloud or installing updates and stop them.
- Use a wired connection instead of a wireless connection, if possible. Hooking your computer directly into your router or modem will limit signal interference and maximize your connection speed.
- Restart your computer, smartphone or tablet. Try using only one app – the browser, for example. Fewer running applications can improve your connection speed.
- Use all available connections on your device at the same time. That will get you faster and more reliable Internet. You won’t be able to do that out-of-the-box within the operating system, but you can use a channel bonding app like Speedify.
Speedify Can Fix Slow Internet Connection Through Channel-Bonding
By using channel bonding technology, Speedify allows you to take advantage of all internet connections available. For example, you can combine WiFi and cellular data on your mobile device or you can bond Ethernet and WiFi on your Mac and PC.
Combining connections will solve the slow internet issue. Plus – the failover protection Speedify offers will prevent your device from ever losing the connection.
Use Speedify to transform your slow Internet connection into a “super” pipe. Try it now for free!
Speedify is the only app that combines your wifi, cellular, wired, and even your friend’s phone signals – into one ultra-fast and super secure link that keeps you all connected for the best possible live streaming, video calling, or just posting to your favorite app.
Subscribe to Speedify on YouTube
Get news, success stories, and our weekly livestreaming show Speedify LIVE! Tune in to chat and ask questions or to yell at us if that makes you happy. We're from Philly, we can take it.