IRL Live Streaming Guide – Gear and Setup
Who hasn’t tried or at least heard of IRL live streaming? It’s a trending thing on Twitch and YouTube. When you’re looking for the cheapest IRL streaming setup, all that you need is a smartphone and the streaming app. However, that might not offer the best quality for your viewers.
So, if you want to make it more professional, you need a separate video camera for streaming. And a way to get a reliable Internet connection that won’t break or become unusable.
Remember those choppy videos, buffering screens or even disconnects when you’re live streaming? Your cheap IRL streaming setup needs a way to combine 2 or more connections at once. This will help you always stay online while live streaming with a stable Internet connection.
The Cheap IRL Streaming Setup Checklist
You don’t need much to live stream online. You can go for the budget with only your smartphone and the Twitch app. Or, for a more professional setup, the cheap IRL streaming setup would have to also include:
- Computer-type device that would process the output from the video camera and stream it to your platform. It would allow you to use software like OBS to have overlays and other stuff on your stream. You can use a laptop, tablet, a Raspberry Pi or a dedicated streaming device like the LiveU Solo.
- Video camera – it should stream video at least 720p / 60 fps. The Sony HDR-AS300 is a popular choice nowadays, but it’s several hundreds of dollars. You can also go with the GoPro live streaming functionality.
- Two or more cellular modems – usually connecting to the “computer” device via USB. If you’re streaming from WiFi covered areas, you can connect to that as well.
- Channel bonding software – this will help you combine the connections available to you at once. No more buffering or stream disconnects!
- Battery pack – get one with at least 20,000 mAh. Also check the rated power – should be max. 100 Wh, to avoid issues when traveling by plane.
- Selfie stick or special camera mount for you to hold when streaming. Look for something with a stabilizer for smoother video.
- Backpack or something to carry all this equipment in an organized way. It’s even better if it’s waterproof.
- Streaming apps – these generally depend on the platform you wish to stream to. Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Live – they each have their own app that should recognize the video camera so you can set it up for live streaming. If you’re into overlays and more complex setups, you can use OBS software.
Here’s an example of a budget IRL streaming setup based on the Raspberry Pi:
Speedify Channel Bonding Software vs Bonding Hardware: Which is Best for Your Cheap IRL Streaming Setup?
Channel bonding technology is key to a fast and reliable Internet connection when live streaming. It is not restricted to a single implementation architecture. You can choose a mixed hardware-software solution from companies like Peplink and Mushroom Networks. Or just go with the software-only implementation by Speedify, which you can also deploy on a hardware device of your choice running Linux.
Many people choose broadband bonding solutions that include dedicated bonding hardware pieces, such as bonding routers or multi-wan (SD-WAN) networking devices. If you’re planning to adopt a hybrid hardware-software solution, here are some things you should consider.
- Performance – You will be limited by the performance of your bonding hardware and sometimes even by the software. You may have smartphones or computers that can go faster, but it won’t make any difference.
- Flexibility – Will this solution still be usable if you change something in your current setup?
- Scalability – Hardware gets old quickly. Does the solution include free upgrades for hardware?
- Cost of implementation – Hardware adds a cost to the final solution.
If you choose a software-only bonding VPN solution like Speedify, the benefits are straightforward. Software is best for your cheap IRL streaming setup!
There are no flexibility or scalability issues. When it comes to cost, Speedify is only a fraction the price of mixed hardware-software solutions!
Speedify Bonding VPN for Your Cheap IRL Streaming Setup: Get Secured Professional Performance
Speedify doesn’t just get you a fast and reliable Internet connection when live streaming on a budget in real life. Speedify also protects you from compromised WiFi networks and snooping hackers. It uses advanced encryption to make sure your private data stays under your control.
Before Speedify, users often had to choose between security and speed. As Speedify was designed with speed as one of its primary goals, you no longer have to sacrifice speed for security. You can have both.
Forget about low quality video streaming, buffering or even disconnects when IRL live streaming! Speedify channel bonding software is definitely a must-have part in your cheap IRL streaming setup!