Avoid High Speed Gaps in New Mexico with Speedify
Many people in New Mexico pay for broadband Internet, but are not getting a fast enough connection. Top Internet providers in New Mexico include:
- Xfinity (250 Mbps, cable),
- Spectrum (100 Mbps, cable),
- Century Link (100 Mbps, DSL, fiber) and
- Viasat (25 Mbps, satellite).
The average Internet speed in New Mexico is 12.5 Mbps, according to Akamai’s Q1 2017 stats. That’s among the last in the country, way under the 18.7 Mbps national average.
Often times ISPs are not helpful in finding solutions to issues related to Internet speed in New Mexico because they are part of the problem. Tired of not being able to enjoy online gaming or stream live on Twitch? Your best bet is to combine two or more Internet connections in New Mexico. Speedify, the fast bonding VPN service, is here to help.
High Speed Internet in New Mexico: Stats, Figures and Known Issues
When it comes to Internet speed in New Mexico, a whopping 87% of people have access to DSL type links. Some 85% get satellite, 75% cable and only 8% fiber Internet (source). If you are having slow Internet issues in New Mexico, there are three likely causes:
- Your ISP is throttling your connection
- You are having router issues
- Too many of your neighbors have the same ISP and you experience slowing during peak usage hours.
The easiest thing to do is to first test your router to see if that is the source of your problem. But, if the issue is your ISP, your best bet is to use a second Internet connection. Combine the two connections into a single fast pipe with the Speedify app.
High Speed Internet Service in New Mexico in the Context of Net Neutrality
One of the concerns after the net neutrality repeal is that ISPs could throttle Internet access for certain services – especially the bandwidth-intensive ones such as live video streaming, online gaming, etc. They could ask for more money from the consumer if they want to access that specific service with full speed.
If there are several high speed Internet service providers in the area you live in New Mexico, you will have where to choose from and avoid such issues. Here is an interesting map of the high speed Internet coverage in the United States – where do you stand on that?
Get Faster High Speed Internet Service in New Mexico with Speedify – Including Rural Areas
5 Steps to Get High Speed Internet Service in New Mexico
For the purpose of this article, we’re assuming you have at least 2 Internet connections available. This is possible even in the rural areas of New Mexico. These include your home Internet, a nearby public WiFi, tethered phone, an additional home Internet connection, etc. Here are some ideas on where to find new Internet connections. And – the 5 steps:
- Install Speedify on your computer or mobile device. Get it from our website or from the Apple Store / Google Play Store.
- Make sure you are connected to one of the Internet connections. Most computers only have a single WiFi card and a single Ethernet port. The easiest process is to connect to the first Internet source using your Ethernet port.
- Connect your computer to the second Internet connection. The easiest process is to connect to the second source using WiFi.
- If available, connect your computer other Internet connections – you can tether a smartphone via USB or Bluetooth, find another WiFi, etc.
- Run the Speedify app. Speedify will automatically combine the different connections into a single fast pipe. You will enjoy a lightning fast Internet experience like you have never seen before.
SOLVED: High Speed Internet Service in New Mexico
Apart from combining multiple Internet connections at once, Speedify can keep you always connected to the Internet. If for any reason one of your connections goes down, Speedify keeps you online by automatically rerouting all of your traffic through the existing connection until the other connection comes back online. You don’t have to do anything. Once the other connection is stable again, Speedify starts to use it again.
Speedify is also an anonymous no-log VPN that will keep your data secure from hackers and snoops. Not even your IPS will know what sites you are visiting.
Tired of the slow high speed Internet service in New Mexico? Get started with Speedify! Experience the Internet your way even in the rural areas of New Mexico.