Internet Speed in New Mexico – Service Providers, Figures and Stats
The average Internet speed in New Mexico is 12.5 Mbps, according to Akamai’s Q1 2017 stats. That’s among the last in the country, way under the 18.7 Mbps national average.
Many people in New Mexico pay for broadband Internet, but are not getting a fast enough connection. Top Internet providers in New Mexico include Xfinity (250 Mbps, cable), Spectrum (100 Mbps, cable), Century Link (100 Mbps, DSL, fiber) and Viasat (25 Mbps, satellite).
The trouble is that often times ISPs are not helpful in finding solutions to issues related to Internet speed in New Mexico because they are part of the problem.
Read below to see how to get the best Internet speed in New Mexico by combining 2 or more Internet connections together.
Why Is Internet Speed in New Mexico Slow?
When it comes to Internet speed in New Mexico, a whopping 87% of people have access to DSL type links, with 85% getting satellite, 75% cable and only 8% fiber Internet (source). If you are having slow Internet issues in New Mexico, there are three likely causes:
- Your ISP is throttling your connection
- You are having router issues
- Too many of your neighbors have the same ISP and you experience slowing during peak usage hours.
The easiest thing to do is to first test your router to see if that is the source of your problem. But, if the issue is your ISP, your best bet is to use secure a second Internet connection and combine the two connections into a single fast pipe with the Speedify app.
Internet Speed in New Mexico After the Net Neutrality Repeal
One of the concerns after the net neutrality repeal in mid December 2017 is that ISPs could throttle Internet access for certain services – especially the bandwidth-intensive ones such as live video streaming, online gaming, etc. They could ask for more money from the consumer if they want to access that specific service with full speed.
If there are several high speed Internet service providers in the area you live in New Mexico, you will have where to choose from and avoid such issues. Here is an interesting map of the high speed Internet coverage in the United States – where do you stand on that?
How to Get High Speed Internet in New Mexico with Speedify
Speedify can be downloaded for free on Windows, macOS, iOS and Android devices. You can use Speedify to combine any types of connections including:
- Combining a DSL and a Cable Internet connection
- Combining two DSL connections
- Combining two cable connections
Four Steps to Get Blazing Fast, Stable and Secure Internet Speed in New Mexico
We’re assuming you have at least 2 Internet connections available: your home Internet, a nearby public WiFi, tethered phone, an additional home Internet connection, etc. Here are some ideas on where to find new Internet connections.
- Install Speedify on your computer or mobile device. Get it from our website or from the Apple Store / Google Play Store.
- Make sure you are connected to one of the Internet connections. Most computers only have a single WiFi card and a single Ethernet port. The easiest process is to connect to the first Internet source using your Ethernet port.
- Connect your computer to the second Internet connection. The easiest process is to connect to the second source using WiFi.
- Open the Speedify app. Speedify will automatically combine the two different connections into a single fast pipe. You will enjoy a lightning fast Internet experience like you have never seen before.
Because Speedify is also a mobile VPN that doesn’t keep any activity logs, it will keep your data secure from hackers and snoops. Not even your IPS will know what sites you are visiting.
Tired of the slow Internet speed you experience in New Mexico on DSL, cable, satellite or even fiber? It’s time to get started with Speedify and experience the Internet your way.