UPDATE - Nov 29, 2022
We are continuing to support the people of Iran. The amount of free data available starting December 5th, 2022, will be 5GB per month.
In the last few weeks, we have received an outpouring of requests from Speedify and non-Speedify users in Iran to help with their internet connectivity issues. Today we answer that call…
Speedify Is Giving Secure Internet Connectivity in Iran
Speedify is the only VPN that can combine multiple internet sources into one bonded super-connection for more stable and secure Internet connectivity, including video calling, live streaming and web browsing. This means people in Iran are able to use the combined bandwidth of their cellular and broadband connections at the same time, fixing their Internet connectivity and security issues.
At Speedify we believe in a free and open Internet for all. Access to the Internet should be considered a basic human right and as such we have made the decision to help the people of Iran access the Internet without any disruptions. For the next two months all new and existing Speedify users in Iran will receive 5GB of free data.
What Is Causing the Internet Issues in Iran
The recent “Hijab Protest Movement” for women’s rights in Iran has generated significant social unrest and authorities have taken harsh actions against the widening protests by clamping down on Internet access. Netblocks, the global Internet monitoring organization, has reported Internet connectivity and censorship issues in Iran starting on September 19, 2022. Along with causing widespread Internet disruptions, authorities have also restricted access nationwide to communication services and social platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram and others.
Amir Rashidi, director of Miaan Group, was recently interviewed by CNN, and mentioned that Iranian officials are following a familiar playbook:
- First, they are shutting down mobile data, altogether or even in a particular neighborhood.
- If protests grow, they start to expand the Internet shut down until everything is down.
Along with causing Internet disruptions, the authorities also restrict access nationwide to communication services and social platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram and others.
Iranian Speedify Users Get Free Speedify Data
If you are in Iran and want to access your free 5GB Speedify monthly data, here's what you have to do:
- Get Speedify from our website or from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Install Speedify on your device and make sure you're not currently using any other VPN or proxy services.
- Upon opening the app, you'll see the free 5GB available if you're in Iran.
- Get faster, more reliable Internet connectivity in Iran by combining all the Internet connections you have available. That way, you avoid disconnects and sluggish speeds.
If you are already running Speedify in Iran, you just have to open the app and you'll see the increased amount of free data. You should also get a notification in the app confirming this.