Everything You Need to Know About VPN when Abroad
So you decided to go and work overseas: welcome to the expats club! You’ll find many interesting new things in your adopting country: its culture, food and people. But at the same time, you also need to protect yourself online and access blocked content while abroad.
At work, you’re most likely accessing the private business network of your company. When at home, you may want to read or enjoy streaming video content from your home country, such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO and BBC, which may be restricted in your adopting country.
So, you need a way to both protect your sensitive data and also unblock restricted content online. Read below to discover how to choose and which is the best VPN when abroad.
Why Do I Need a VPN when Abroad?
A VPN service for remote work allows users to establish secure online connections with a remote computer network from anywhere in the world. The two main roles of the VPN when abroad is to secure the privacy of the user and also to allow using services from the home country that may be restricted when traveling.
However, in today’s landscape, Internet security is not the only requirement for a VPN solution when abroad. There are some other aspects you need to take into account:
- Internet stability – being always online is important, especially in the middle of an important business call with screen sharing and important decisions to be made. Or simply when watching a live event online.
- Internet speed – while you might think reliability takes the lead, imagine yourself working on a 56k-like connection speed. It’s like not working at all due to the lack of usable Internet.
5 Steps Checklist on Using the Best VPN when Abroad
Given the 3 coordinates described above (security, reliability, speed), here are the steps you should take to get yourself the best VPN when abroad:
- Don’t use free VPN solutions when abroad! Although it sounds tempting, you’ll basically get what you’re paying for and “more” in the sense that you might have different companies “chasing” you online with advertisements. And that’s the best case scenario!
- Seek stability from your VPN service when overseas – conventional VPN services have a major flaw with how they’re built, running all traffic through a single connection.
Luckily, Speedify is a fast bonding mobile VPN that has automatic and seamless failover. Speedify can use multiple Internet connections simultaneously – Wi-Fi AND mobile data on your phone, for example. So, even before your WiFi connection drops, Speedify will route traffic through the mobile data connection, so you won’t skip a beat.
- More speed is better for a VPN when abroad – any conventional VPN service adds overhead to the online traffic in order to encrypt it, so, your Internet will be slower when using traditional VPNs. Remember – you have to get sufficient Internet speeds for your bandwidth hungry VoIP video calls or online video streams.
- Be sure you can use the VPN when overseas on all your devices – whether you’re working from your Mac or PC laptop or from your iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone, the VPN for remote work service you choose should support all these devices and, more than that, not charge you extra for additional devices.
How Does Speedify Work?
Speedify makes your internet secure, stable, and fast with the magic of Channel Bonding--but how?
- First, Speedify establishes a connection to one of our Speed Servers in the Cloud. This acts as a middleman between you and the rest of the internet, keeping your web activity private and secure.
- Next, the app works with the Speed Server to intelligently spread network packets among all your available internet connections.
- And presto! Speedify is able to provide the combined speed and stability of all your internet connections—unlike any other VPN on the market.
How to Unblock and Watch Video Streaming with a VPN when Abroad
Using a VPN when abroad will protect you, but most of the VPN solutions will also slow down the Internet, as all data passes through their servers first before going to or from its final destination.
Speedify doesn’t slow down your online speed: it uses a fast and secure encryption algorithm, and it can also use 2 or more Internet connections at the same time for more stability.
Tried enough VPNs when abroad and none was both secure AND fast plus reliable? Speedify provides the speed, security and reliability as the best VPN when abroad! Get started with Speedify now!