Join us for live Q&A, tech support, and Speedify update news from our developers.
- This event has passed.
Grow your online video business with UScreen | Speedify LIVE
September 20 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
On the 130th episode of Speedify LIVE we take a look into how you can monetize your content, as we’re joined by Rob Balasabas, Head of Partnerships & Community at UScreen, the service that helps creators build and grow their online video businesses.
We chat about how UScreen started, how it helps its users through memberships, affiliate programs and reducing churn, among other things.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our interview with Rob:
- UScreen was founded by PJ Taei as he found a gap in the market where he could help people build out memberships! The goal was to create a solid platform where creators could build memberships and earn a recurring revenue and predictable income.
- Rob says that they don’t have a service, they have a platform. UScreen provides the platform for video hosting, livestreaming, and payment integration, where creators can build their own membership programs and charge a monthly fee from members. They also provide creators with the resources to have their own apps, Roku channels, and even all sorts of analytics about their members.
- According to Rob, creators need to think strategically about how they can get audiences to a paid platform instead of a free one! He says that things like early access to content or behind the scenes footage are a big motivator for viewers, while they may also want to see content that “doesn’t fit” the public platforms.
- UScreen doesn’t have their own built-in affiliate program, but they have integrated with a few programs. Ones that Rob mentions are Rewardful, Refersion and PartnerStack, that creators can integrate with their UScreen sites, and have their own affiliate programs as well.
- When it comes to future plans, Rob emphasizes the importance of community. He says that they’re looking to build out their community for their members and users, which will likely help with things like churn.
Speedify is a fantastic tool for that because we do have a lot of our users that are live streaming from different places. You know, fitness experts, people doing any sort of instructional and educational content, there's horse riding memberships, and they’re on the go, they’re remote. So they do need really good internet speeds to livestream inside of our membership.