Join us for live Q&A, tech support, and Speedify update news from our developers.
- This event has passed.
IRL Office Hours Q&A: LIVE from the Atlantic City Air Show featuring AccessIT Group | Speedify LIVE
August 24 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
On the 120th episode of Speedify LIVE we do a combo stream: we hold our weekly Office Hours with Speedify CTO, Brian Prodoehl, AND we go IRL from the Atlantic City Airshow, where we are joined by Mark Spencer from AccessIT Group, Inc.
We chat about the latest update to Speedify, show off our updated IRL stream setup, and get some cybersecurity advice from an expert!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our IRL Office Hours:
- Speedify 12.4 has improved on how we detect and prioritize connections! Previously we would only look at the local type of your connection, which could lead to the Priority not matching up with the actual connection. Now we’re looking at a deeper level to see what the connection actually is: this way if you connect to a Cellular Wifi Hotspot, Speedify knows it’s cellular and will set it to Secondary automatically.
- When it comes to P2P and Speedify, we do support it, but only on our Torrent-Friendly servers. We detect a number of apps, extensions, etc. that may look like they’re doing torrenting, and if you’re on a non-P2P server, we will direct you to switch to a P2P server in Amsterdam, or disconnect.
- We have updated our IRL setup: running on an iPhone 12 Pro; using a Ulanzi Grip with an integrated battery pack; Rode Go 2 mics for audio; what’s new, is our Razer Phone Cooler Chroma to help with overheating. For software it’s the usual: Larix Broadcaster streaming RTMP through Speedify to Restream Studio to all the platforms like Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Our guest, Mark Spencer tells us that AccessIT secures the infrastructure, network and data of security-conscious companies! They run risk management, vulnerability assessment, test the defenses, policies and procedures of their clients to see if they’re effective in case of a breach.
- The AccessIT Group came to the AC Airshow with two of their partners: Proofpoint and Check Point. Mark tells us that Proofpoint focuses on prevention of Phishing, while Check Point provides a full end-point suite to connect to a network safely, access your software, get to the internet directly, all within one single client.
My advice is, security at a personal level: don't do banking on open Wi-Fi networks. don't go to Starbucks and do your online banking, you know, common sense goes a long way.