Join us for live Q&A, tech support, and Speedify update news from our developers.
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
April 27 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
More About Speedify 12 and NAB Show
On the 79th episode of Speedify Live we get back into the office and hold another Office Hours, this time with Speedify’s CTO, Brian Prodoehl.
As usual, we take viewer questions, we discuss what’s coming next in Speedify, and what we learned from our IRL streams at the 2022 NAB Show.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- When combining multiple Wifi connections on Windows, if you have the necessary adapters for it, Windows will allow you to scan for connections on each adapter separately. Once you pick each network and connect to them, Speedify will detect both connections and will be able to bond them.
- Speedify has its own VPN protocol, which is what allows Speedify to do what we do. It lets us encrypt the packets and include bits in the header of each packet that lets bonding work well. This means that whatever timing, information or sort of stream number we want to associate a packet with, we can include exactly what we need in that.
- Speedify 12 was a big release everybody should update to, but there’s a lot more coming in the future! Our team is working on proper support for Apple Silicon, while we’re also looking to add one more permission requirement to Android, which would allow Speedify to see which apps you’re using, allowing for better stream detection, among other things.
- Speedify Live visited the 2022 NAB Show, streaming IRL multiple times across one single day! We visited many businesses from B&H to DJI to BirdDog, and we learned a lot from the experience: we need more people for big IRL streams, so we could manage the streams better.
- With Speedify 12 we improved on how we handle Cellular and Secondary connections. Now, whenever you’re livestreaming, these connections are kept awake so if it comes to it, Speedify will be able to failover to them much quicker, providing for a much smoother experience.
If you’re in the middle of a livestream or video call, we won’t let your cellular go to sleep, even if the Wi-Fi is great. We may not put any data on it, but we’ll make sure it stays awake.