Effective Date: May 28, 2014
- What Information does Connectify collect?
We collect information from you when you register for the Services, including when you place an order, communicate with our staff, or subscribe to our mailing list. As appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information.
Connectify also collects non-personally identifiable information about how visitors use our web site; for example, Connectify utilizes web analytics software to track, in aggregate, the number of unique views received by the pages of the web site, the domains from which users originate along with many other analytical data points. The Connectify website may use “cookies,” clear GIFs, or similar technologies to track how users engage with our website. A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive by a web server when you visit a web site; each time you visit the website, your web browser sends information from the cookie back to the web server to facilitate identification of users or site visitors and to keep track of other information such as the date and time of your visit. Consult the “Help” portion of your browser toolbar for information on how to control or disable cookies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded on web pages and may not be disabled or controlled through your browser.
- What Does Connectify Use This Information For?
We use this information to process and verify transactions and orders, perform and improve customer service, and to send periodic communications to our customers. For example, we may use the email address you provide to us to send you information pertaining to your order. We may also send you information about Connectify, related products or services, important notifications regarding your subscriptions or account, and other related information. Historically, these have been quite rare as we respect your time as well as your privacy.
However, if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails concerning offers, promotions, or other information related to marketing, you may do so from the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails. Due to the nature of the Services, we must reserve the right to send you certain other non-marketing communications related to the Services with Connectify including via email. We pledge to keep these limited to those communications that we feel are absolutely necessary, such as emergency notifications concerning the Services.
- Does Connectify Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any outside party, for any purpose. Period. Except as described below, we will not disclose your personal information to outside parties.
- Third Party Service Providers – We may share aggregate or non-personally identifiable information about users with outside parties. It may be necessary, at times, to share certain personal information with trusted third parties who assist us in conducting our business or providing our services. These companies are authorized to use information only as necessary to provide services to us
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance – Connectify may disclose personal information in the following situations as we believe to be appropriate, even though you might have requested that we not share your information: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations; (vi) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Connectify, you, or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
- What About the Privacy of My Speedify Sessions?
During our normal course of duties, Connectify does NOT throttle, rate-limit, monitor, record, or store the content of our paying customer’s Internet activities. Certain protocols, such as Bitorrent or Tor, may be blocked on some or all servers. Free users may be throttled or rate-limited, as specified in the user’s license terms. We do not log the contents of your data sent or received through the Service. The following user specific logging data are captured by the servers: (1) the time and network location from which a Speedify connection was made; (2) the amount of data transferred, and (3) the duration of the Speedify connection. This information enables Connectify to enforce our Terms, troubleshoot, and improve performance.
So we can furnish you with bandwidth usage data, and offer products and services that may require it, we may store bandwidth transferred per service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of the Service, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
This Service uses Raygun.io for error and exception tracking. In the event you encounter an error while using the Service a message will be sent to Raygun.io with information pertaining to the error. Information collected will include your IP address. In using this Site you agree to these terms.
- Crashlytics Answers
- Terms of Service
Please also visit our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website and the Services here. Your use of the Services, as well as any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service.
- Your Consent
- Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To update your personal information, such as email address, email us at [email protected]
- Protecting the Privacy of Children
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of eighteen (18) and are not directed at such children. Please do not register at Connectify if you are under the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
This policy was last modified on 07/26/2016.
- Contacting Us
1429 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Jurisdictional Issues
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Services, or any part of the Services, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. We may limit the Services’ availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.