Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify developers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
July 6, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
How to Maximize the Performance of Speedify
On the 101st episode of Speedify LIVE we celebrate the 1-year anniversary of the show with one of Speedify’s lead developers, and discuss a number of key features in Speedify.
We answer viewer questions about our Bypass feature and how we test our service before release, and we even demonstrate a couple things in the app, like our server selection options.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- When it comes to maximizing performance in Speedify there’s a couple things to keep in mind: your location vs the location of the server you connect to – by default Speedify will connect you to what it deems the Fastest, Closest server, but if needed, you can select a server manually as well; and connection priorities – Speedify assigns these to connections on its own, but you can switch between Primary, Secondary, Backup and Never anytime you feel the need to as well.
- The Speedify Bypass feature will direct the traffic of specific services around the VPN, meaning that these will not go through Speedify! When you have this feature enabled for specific services, like Netflix, their traffic will generally go through what is considered the default connection by your operating system.
- If you’d like to do very specific things, like filter the Speedify CLI stats output, we do have a project named Speedify-py on GitHub available! For this specific case, what may be helpful is one of the samples, which is a program that parses through the output of the stats and prints certain bits of it.
- To make sure Speedify will work for our customers, we try to test Speedify in every scenario possible! To do this, we have an entire virtualized environment that allows us to run hundreds of scenarios with different types of connections, speeds, latency, etc. in various combinations.
- During our recent IRL streams we’ve had our streaming phone overheat, partly due to the weather outside, but we may have found a solution! We’re yet to test it, but we have purchased cooling strips to put on the back of the phone, which should help with this.
We just run hundreds of scenarios, right? We wake up and we've tried a hundred different things. We've tried it on slow internet and fast internet, unreliable internet, and two fast internets, one fast internet, a slow internet, and just hundreds of combinations. Just grinding through for a couple minutes each.
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Tune in and chat with us live on:
Speedify is the only app that combines your wifi, cellular, wired, and even your friend’s phone signals – into one ultra-fast and super secure link that keeps you all connected for the best possible live streaming, video calling, or just posting to your favorite app.
Subscribe to Speedify on YouTube
Get news, success stories, and our weekly livestreaming show Speedify LIVE! Tune in to chat and ask questions or to yell at us if that makes you happy. We're from Philly, we can take it.