How to Travel Across Continents While Live Streaming Your Trip
On the 196th episode of Speedify LIVE we welcome back the world-traveling livestreaming duo, Tallulah and Gaspard from Awkwards Travel to talk about the technology and stories behind their global IRL streaming journey.
We chat about what they’re changing up for the new sailing season, find out what their streaming setups are for on- and off-board their boat, and get some tips on growing audiences and getting sponsors!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Gaspard and Tallulah:
- Gaspard and Tallulah are doing things differently this sailing season: they’re focusing more on being on water – sailing, diving, doing an artificial reef; while they’re also looking to take even better care of their gear with boxes set up with humidity meters, as the salty humid air can ruin tech very quickly.
- When it comes to engaging and growing the audience the couple has a few tips: constant conversation with the audience, as well as making sure to have regular streams, at the same fixed time is important, while Gaspard adds that if you just to do what you love and show it to the world, people who share the same interest will find you!
- Gaspard says he went a little overboard with their boat stream setup this year: up to 7 cameras, one underwater drone and one flying one, a shoulder camera for diving, a streaming backpack with LiveU that allows them to go 300 meters away from the boat, as well as a Starlink RV that they use with their sim cards in the LiveU.
- For off-boat IRL streaming they have two backpacks! Tallulah uses a lighter setup, with a LiveU Solo, three Sim cards and a Sony ActionCam; while Gaspard’s gear has been more elaborate with the LU600 from LiveU and a professional camera, but recently he’s decided to carry a smaller, cheaper setup too with a phone, a hotspot and Speedify because it allows for better mobility, less recognition, and a stronger connection!
- In terms of sponsors, the Awkwards Travel duo says that just contacting companies and asking can go a surprisingly long way! They’ve been working with LiveU and UnlimitedIRL for years, while they’re also working with Blu3, providing a tankless diving system; Solar Brother, providing a solar oven; and Viking Anchors, providing a safe anchor for the boat.