Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
How to Livestream & Catch Fish at the Same Time | Speedify LIVE
June 7 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
Tips about Fishing from Australia via Live Streaming
On the 89th episode of Speedify LIVE we’re joined by Australian fishing live streamer AustralisTV, who streams live outdoors from the coasts of Australia catching and releasing fish, while interacting live with his audience and giving educational tips & insight.
We chat about everything from streaming setups, to the pros and cons of YouTube vs. Twitch, to the challenges of livestreaming from Australia, and how Speedify may help overcome those challenges!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our talk with Jim from AustralisTV:
- While Jim has been a registered professional fishing guide since the early 90s, he has also used his streams to educate people about fishing. He’s planning on doing streams about different types of knots and lures among other things, and has also been published in a book as one of the top 200 fliers.
- For his livestreams Jim has tried different things: from IRL backpacks to streaming from phones, but has settled on using a Galaxy S22 phone due to its great battery life and cameras. He’s also using Rode Lavalier microphones, a couple antennas, and hotspot with his setup, and has tested out Speedify with it as well!
- Australia’s network coverage is known to not be the best, but AustralisTV has found a little life hack: set your connection to 4G only so it doesn’t switch back and forth between 4G and 5G. This helps stabilize the connection, because 5G is still often only available in the more metropolitan areas.
- While AustralisTV has streamed on both Twitch and YouTube, and has been a Twitch Partner in the past twice, he finds YouTube to be more suitable for him personally. He finds YouTube’s way of doing things to be more favorable: the membership system, better and more sponsors, better discoverability and less bots.
- With Australia’s winters being more rainy, Jim has created his own water-proof streaming setup within a budget! He managed to figure out how to enclose the camera, modem, battery pack, etc. and still have it all working – with Speedify providing the additional boost!
Don't get sucked into streaming with the best quality picture because 70% of your viewers can't really tell the difference between 720p or 1080p. It’s all about audio. People need to be able to hear you.