Join us LIVE with Mike Castellucci from Phoning It In, who teaches mobile videography and films LIVE TV specials and new segments professionally from his iPhone.
- This event has passed.
Multistream Discussion with Rudy Ellis of Switchboard Live
August 10, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Best Practices to Multistream to Unlimited Destinations
Watch this episode of Speedify Live to find out best practices about live streaming to multiple destinations, how to grow your audience, the "livestream supply chain", the future of live streaming and also what's coming up next on Switchboard Live.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Rudy Ellis:
- Speedify Live has upgraded its equipment! Now using a Yeticaster Blue microphone for improved audio, using Ecamm off a Mac and streaming to Switchboard Live, sending the livestream to eight different locations!
- As the CEO of Switchboard Live, Rudy not only comes up with the ideas for new features and supports his team, but even keeps in touch with customers to better understand the challenges they face, and requests they make so Switchboard Live could improve through customer feedback!
- One of the outstanding features of Switchboard Live is StreamShare, which allows you to stream directly to your guest’s channel as well, by having the guest provide you, the host, with temporary permission to their channel. This can also work on a larger level, by having you stream to a sponsor’s channel, for example.
- While other streaming tools function as studio products, Switchboard Live focuses on simply allowing you to stream to as many platforms as you’d like, as easily as possible. The focus is on maximum reach, exposure and discoverability.
- When it comes to growing one’s audience, Rudy says you first need to identify where you can stream to, what communities, pages would be interested in your content. Then come the more basics: consistency in content and scheduling, and the technical stuff like good lighting and audio.
Our core efforts go along the lines of making it simple for you to be able to bring in folks, to get more viewers. Being synonymous with that process is what we aim to be.