Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify and Starlink
July 12, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
The very first episode of Speedify Live is all about Starlink, as satellite internet appears to be a huge part of the future of the internet, our team sits down to take a closer look at how Speedify could help improve Starlink Internet connections.
We discuss what Starlink is, look at some test results that both our team and our users see when using Starlink with Speedify, and talk about the future of how Speedify and Starlink can work together.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Starlink Talk:
- Starlink Internet Service is a SpaceX project, with the plan to put up thousands of satellites in space, in order to provide Internet to anyone, anywhere through a satellite link. The way it work is, there are ground stations set up, beaming Internet up to the satellites that bounce it straight back.
- Starlink speeds can vary between 10 Mbps to 400 Mbps, depending whether a satellite or ground station is in close enough range to your location, however with the plans to expand region by region speed variability is bound to minimize at some point.
- By combining Starlink with another connection, like a mobile connection, Speedify can help smooth out Starlink’s speed and stability issues, by allowing you to failover to your next available connection if Starlink goes down even for a minute, making sure you always stay online!
- When using a mobile connection in Speedify, users don’t need to worry as the app is cost aware! This means that by default, we set cellular connections as Secondary priority so you don’t use up all your data. But you can change this anytime, and set your connection to Primary if you’re unlimited in data.
- The Speedify team has built a test environment with servers and routers, running network emulation software, testing for all kinds of scenarios that could occur, including possible Starlink issues. With the help of these tests, Speedify engineers are working on improving our software, implementing how Speedify could work better with Starlink!
We have built a test environment.. running network emulation software to let us simulate any kind of internet connection we want. We have found spots where Speedify could do better, so our engineers are working on this.