Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify developers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: Gaming & IRL Streaming in Japan
April 5, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
Japan, Games, IRL Streaming
On the 68th episode of Speedify Live we step into the world of fighting games and Japan-based IRL streams, with Twitch streamer and affiliate, FTwilight.
We discuss streaming setups, where the name FTwilight comes from, and how Speedify can help with IRL streams by combining connections.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with FTwilight:
- When it comes to FT’s setup for gaming streams he uses a PC with an Intel i9 processor, a GeForce 3080 graphics card; using 2 BenQ monitors for the stream itself, and a MacBook for reading chat; with a HyperX headset and two webcams.
- FT’s IRL streams setup uses three phones: an iPhone for the stream itself, running Larix Broadcaster, and Speedify combining his cellular and a pocket Wi-Fi connection, a Samsung for reading chat, and another phone for GPS so he doesn’t get lost. He also uses a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal to stabilize the iPhone.
- Being a Twitch Affiliate he only livestreams to Twitch, however he does reuse his streams for his YouTube channel! He uploads the best and funniest clips from the streams there, as well as various gaming tutorials and Japan-related guides.
- FTwilight is also on various social media platforms and says each of them have their own purpose. Instagram is for taking pictures of things he likes in Japan; Twitter is mostly for updates and alerts about streams and videos; while YouTube is for making videos about specific topics, mostly what viewers ask about.
- As any streamer, FT has experienced his fair share of Streamergencies, which, sadly, always happen at the worst times! He says there have been multiple times he was raided by one of his fellow streamers and just as the new viewers came in, his stream would fail due to a bad connection. But ever since he began using Speedify, he hasn’t had any stream drops, even when he’s out doing IRL streams!
I have a pocket Wi-Fi.. And then what I do is, you take this and your phone, and then Speedify, of course, and you combine these two connections together and you get one strong connection... So you keep everything stable like that.
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Tune in and chat with us live on:
Speedify is the only app that combines your wifi, cellular, wired, and even your friend’s phone signals – into one ultra-fast and super secure link that keeps you all connected for the best possible live streaming, video calling, or just posting to your favorite app.
Subscribe to Speedify on YouTube
Get news, success stories, and our weekly livestreaming show Speedify LIVE! Tune in to chat and ask questions or to yell at us if that makes you happy. We're from Philly, we can take it.