Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify CTO Brian - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A With Our Developers
November 30, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
On the 153rd episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our Weekly Office Hours with Speedify’s lead developer to talk about what's new, what’s coming and what we’re excited about.
We take viewer questions, as usual, we talk about Starlink and how it works with Speedify, and take a look at some specific user-cases that may be helpful to others too!
Her are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify 12.8 is right around the corner and our Team is working hard on a LOT of improvements! We’re finalizing works on our native M1 Mac support so you won’t need Rosetta anymore; we’re including some updates to the UI, and what we’re most excited about is improvements around Starlink and how it works in Speedify!
- Mailbag Question no.1 brings up an issue we’ve addressed in previous Office Hours: BlankUI issues on MacOS due to running Beta OS! This is an issue with MacOS 13.1 Beta that has affected multiple apps, not just Speedify, so we highly advise that you only use Stable OS versions! We’re hoping that Apple releases a fix soon.
- Mailbag Question no.2 brings up a common, but all the more confusing issue: when two connections get mixed up and it turns out the user was only using one single connection, so they didn’t see improvements due to Speedify only having one path to the internet. Lesson: Always double check what connections you’re actually connected to!
- Mailbag Question no.3 brings up the question of what speeds you can actually get with Speedify: our Public Servers can handle 100-300 Mbps speeds, while if you need more, we have Dedicated Servers of 1Gbps available with our Teams subscriptions.
- Some may have noticed that we’re a little excited about Starlink, but there’s a reason! While Starlink does have a lot of potential and great speeds when it’s working, it cuts out often and drops to zero. This is where Speedify can come in and keep you online with our Seamless Failover while you combine Starlink and another connection
When the satellite’s directly overhead, it’s amazing. When it’s not, it goes to zero. So your speeds go up and down, and so being able to combine it [Starlink] with one more internet connection, even if it’s a 3G cellular, it smooths things out so much.