Join us LIVE with Christina Dorner of CDornerFitness, who live streams daily virtual workout classes on her YouTube channel!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
March 23 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Ask and Your Questions Regarding Speedify Will Be Answered
On the 65th episode of Speedify Live we have another chat with one of Speedify’s lead developers to take a look at what’s been happening behind the scenes recently.
We take on audience questions, take a look at what our Developer Team has been experimenting with, and what users can expect from our latest Speedify release, 11.9.2.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Q&A with one of Speedify’s Developers:
- Speedify is cost-aware by default, knowing what Priority to set for each connection. But you can set this manually as well. Primary means the connection can be used all the time, no matter what; Secondary means the connection is either limited or more expensive, so it will only be used when the Primary one needs a boost or becomes unavailable; Backup means it will only be used if both Primary and Secondary are unavailable; Never means the connection will not be used at all, ever.
- When streaming, make sure to have Speedify on Streaming Mode so it can recognize and prioritize your livestream traffic, over anything else. This would generally be the best setting for gaming as well!
- When using Speedify on mobile devices, you can by default combine a Wifi and a cellular connection. In the case of iOS, you can add additional connections by hooking everything up to a USB or Ethernet hub through a Lightning to USB adapter. The Speedify team even made a video on this.
- Speedify has recently held an in-company hackathon, where some of our developers worked on a Remote Stream View for Speedify that would allow users to view Speedify’s streaming stats in a browser, on any device. Still a work in progress, but this would make IRL streaming in particular a lot easier!
- The latest Speedify release, version 11.9.2, adds a lot of under-the-hood fixes, making the app faster and better, but we’ve also added a toggle to the IP Leak protection feature for Apple users; and made the GPU usage go down by removing some animations.
If you’re going to use Speedify and stream, just make sure the mode is in Streaming mode, which is currently the default, and we’ll optimize every connection to ensure your streaming takes priority over every other thing going on on your device.