New Things in Speedify 12.4
On the 117th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours once again with Speedify’s lead developer, Kevin, to discuss what’s new in Speedify 12.4!
As always, we take audience questions, demonstrate Speedify’s new Automatic Connection Priorities, and talk about how you can improve your connection even more with some Speedify settings.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify 12.4 is out now! With this update we have improved how we automatically select Priorities for certain connections. Now if you’re connected to a cellular hotspot via Wi-Fi, Speedify will recognize that it’s actually mobile data and will set it to Secondary. This was important to us because we know that cellular is often more expensive or limited in data. Speedify now also recognizes the ISP of your connection which may help more easily distinguish between connections
- To Generate Speedify Logs on MacOS, head into the Settings, scroll all the way down and click the Generate logs option. By default, the SpeedifyLogs.zip file will be generated on your desktop, which you can then send to [email protected] if you need our Support Team to take a closer look.
- If you want to further improve your performance with Speedify, there’s a few things you can tweak: make sure to connect to a server that’s close to you, you can switch Transport modes to help with high latency or loss, or you can adjust Priority settings to manage how your connections are used.
- If you’d like to use Speedify in combination with another VPN, there may be some conflicts, but there is a way around it! You can set up Speedify on a Windows, MacOS or Linux device, bond your connections, and share that bonded connection with another device running the other VPN.
- You can get Speedify’s Free, but Limited version by simply downloading the app! With this Free version we offer 2GB of free data usage per month, so in case you need more, you can always opt for a paid subscription and get Unlimited Speedify.