Join us LIVE for Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
September 14, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Is Speedify Available on Routers? Find Out Below
On the 128th episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours as a triple threat, with not just one, but two of Speedify’s lead developers joining us in the studio!
We chat to Mike and Kevin about the upcoming Speedify 12.5 release and all its new features and improvements, how a Speedify router may be coming soon, and what else we hope to implement in the future.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify 12.5 is right around the corner, and one of its main new features is our Reconnect feature! With this, when you disconnect Speedify a new dialogue will pop up and offer the option to try another server, reconnect in 2 hours, reconnect tomorrow or stay disconnected.
- In 12.5 we also renamed the Amazon Prime Bypass to just Amazon Bypass. This is a small tweak that we decided to make in order to avoid confusion on what this Bypass option covers for those wanting to access Amazon services while using Speedify.
- The Speedify Team is also experimenting with Single Sign-on, which would give users the ability to sign up with the Google or Apple login credentials. This would mean that users’ information gets split between Apple and Speedify, so we don’t know who you are, only Apple does, but Apple won’t know what you’re doing online because of the VPN. It’s the ultimate Privacy solution!
- A Speedify router might be coming soon! The team may have some things in the works, but until then, we recommend using a Raspberry Pi, as you can set it up to be a Speedify router and share your bonded connection with the rest of your devices. Our guides can be found on our Support pages.
- When it comes to IRL streaming during the summer, our biggest challenge has been our phone overheating! Some of the things we learnt are: take off the phone case, and get a cooling device if you can. The one that has worked for us is the Razer Phone Cooler Chroma!
[With the reconnect feature] we try to help users out there that are disconnecting, maybe either due to a problem, or they want to remember to start Speedify back up later, and give them a way to easily do that, so you don’t forget.