Join us for live Q&A, tech support, and Speedify update news from our developers.
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: Natalie Egenolf
August 17, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Best Practices when Transitioning from Traditional Media to Online Media
As an on-air host and producer, Natalie Egenolf's current role is taking the sports media to the online world. Her experience includes on site corresponding and feature reporting for various top tier radio and TV stations.
In this episode of Speedify Live, Natalie shares more about her view on bridging sports and social media, personal branding, making the transition from traditional media to online media, discussing Phillies players and many others.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Natalie Egenolf:
- Natalie tells us that if she were to start things over again, she would utilize the Internet for everything possible, just to build herself up as a personality and brand. She feels that with everything online these days, you don’t necessarily need the traditional networks to be successful.
- When it comes to Podcasts vs Livestreams, Natalie says there’s perks to both: with podcasts you can avoid the added pressure of being on camera, but with livestreaming you can establish a better connection with your viewers, because people actually see you instead of just hearing your voice. This is why she feels that streaming can take things to the next level.
- The Lipstick League Podcast was created because Natalie and Nicole felt that there was no space where someone could listen to anything that sounded like them, where women could fuse sports talk and pop culture talk into one. So they created their own space, built on positivity, fun, and just being themselves.
- Natalie is at an exciting point in her career where she has a lot of creative freedom in what she does and what she talks about! She says there are a lot of different things coming: from doing fun lifestyle pieces to covering sports that she hasn’t dealt with before.
- With everything happening in the online space nowadays, Natalie says she’s excited about any online tool that can help better utilize social media and the internet, or help create a compelling, entertaining space - including Speedify, which can help you have a more reliable connection for your streams.
I'm really excited about the creative freedom that I have right now. Hoping that I can get people to watch my content because they feel they want to and they can.