Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify developers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: Streaming Virtual Concerts with Singer/Songwriter Laela Giovanna
November 18, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST
How Streaming Virtual Concerts Can Help Your Singing Career
Having grown up playing instruments and singing from an earlier age, our guest Laela Giovanna is now trying her hand at livestreaming her concerts. She found that to be a good alternative during the pandemic that has limited so many artists’ work. She has started streaming both covers and original songs on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram live, and has even done some Zoom concerts. While her songs can also be found on Spotify, Amazon Music and other streaming platforms.
In the 31st episode of Speedify Live, Laela shares her experiences as a musician on- and offline, how she got into music, and her plans for the future once the world opens up again.
Here’s our 5 takeaways from our interview with Laela:
- You can be a successful online musician even with a simple setup: the built-in microphone and webcam of your Mac, maybe a USB microphone, such as Laela’s Apogee Mic; a guitar and some headphones, and of course a good internet connection.
- Even if you start out as a shy, quiet kid, who’s nervous to perform, you can still develop into a confident singer-songwriter who not only does virtual concerts, but is also touring and performing live, while also producing their own songs – just like Laela! Her tour and EP are coming in 2022!
- If you’re looking to be a full time musician, starting online with virtual concerts can help you develop your musical and production skills, your confidence, and gain some valuable connections.
- If you have a loud Italian family like Laela, or just a full house at all times, you can even set up your studio for recording and streaming in your SUV – which Speedify can help with, by improving your connection’s stability.
- Speedify Live has found its first hater! And they asked a very good question: why would a VPN be on streaming? The answer is simple: because Speedify is a channel bonding VPN that lets you combine all your available connections to improve your stream – whether it’s a live virtual concert, IRL streaming in Dracula’s castle, or just a zoom call.
In the beginning I got more nervous for streams rather than my performances, when I was on stage and stuff. Ultimately it was very beneficial at connecting with people from different areas and it helped me build my platform.
Up Next on Speedify LIVE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Tune in and chat with us live on:
Speedify is the only app that combines your wifi, cellular, wired, and even your friend’s phone signals – into one ultra-fast and super secure link that keeps you all connected for the best possible live streaming, video calling, or just posting to your favorite app.
Subscribe to Speedify on YouTube
Get news, success stories, and our weekly livestreaming show Speedify LIVE! Tune in to chat and ask questions or to yell at us if that makes you happy. We're from Philly, we can take it.