Well-known for his live food reviews and comedy content, Twitch variety streamer Navious will be joining us for a fun one-on-one discussion about his life and livestreaming experience.
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A with the Developers
March 15 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
How Reporters Use Live Streaming Technology
On the 62nd episode of Speedify Live, we hold another Office Hours episode, this time with Speedify CTO, Brian Prodoehl.
Brian joins us to talk about what the Speedify team has been working on, what sharing Speedify to other devices can help with, and how our in-app Speed Test has changed throughout our releases.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours with Speedify’s CTO:
- We kick off the stream with a bit of useful advice for streaming: make sure to always prepare backup options for your streams, because there’s always something that will go wrong! Have a backup plan, an alternative guest, have a second camera, extra batteries, etc. because it pays off to be prepared!
- Brian tells us that he’s been working on a way to make streaming with Speedify much easier! It’s a work in progress, but the team’s been looking into how we could allow users to monitor, or even control Speedify, from a second device.
- Another thing that’s been part of our plans is to have better, more affordable options for Dedicated Servers for solo streamers, and to anyone who may just need a server for a single event. We have reworked our Account Management platform, partly in order to make it more of a self-serve feature, and allow our customers to manage their subscriptions and servers easier.
- Our in-app speed test has changed quite a bit over the years: originally testing each connection separately, then together, providing separate results, but we have revamped it to make in quicker, and show only the results of current settings. But if you want, you can still test each connection on its own by setting the rest as Backup.
- If you want to change your NAT type to help connect a gaming console, you can do that with your Speedify connection shared over Connectify Hotspot. You can even enable Gaming Mode in Connectify, which will recognize if a gaming device is in question and will adjust to provide a consistent NAT type.
Part of our push behind wanting to really revamp and redo the my.speedify.com dashboard is really to set the stage for doing nicer, cooler things there and really having a self-serve thing for our customers.