Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Whoa, Live Stream FROM YOUR BROWSER? StreamYard: The Easiest Way to Live Stream and Record | Speedify LIVE
May 9 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
On the 198th episode of Speedify LIVE we welcome back one of our favorite guests, Julie Riley, social media and community manager at StreamYard, the app that allows you to stream from your browser to multiple destinations!
We chat about all the recent new features StreamYard has been working on, the importance of providing Live Support to your users, attending conventions and using Speedify to help you with it!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Julie:
- StreamYard has been releasing a bunch of new features, but Julie says that they all still stick to their core values of ease of use, reliability and professional looking streams! They added custom layouts, guest destinations allowing guest to send the stream to 2 of their own channels; options for shorts and reels repurposing, and OnAir webinars that even allow you to follow up with attendees later on!
- Julie’s stream setup is a well-oiled machine! Using a 24inch iMac, a Sony A6000 Mirrorless camera plugged into an ATEM Mini, with a Shure MV7 microphone going through a cloud lifter to soften her audio, plugged into a RODEcaster Pro for sound effects; Elgato Key Lights for the main lighting, and an LED floodlight in the back to add some color to the walls.
- Both StreamYard and Speedify have their own version of Office Hours – and ours was inspired by StreamYard’s! They’ve been hosting Live Support sessions every Sunday with the StreamYard founders to answer questions about the service, now bringing on other team members to answer a wider array of questions.
- StreamYard and Julie are attending a number of conventions in 2023, like VidCon! Julie says having booths and speaking at cons helps not only meet new customers but also interacting with the existing ones, as well as just keeping in touch with their community, which is very important to them.
- Julie says that she wishes she had Speedify back in the day when she would stream from local breweries! She recalls times when she only had cellular, or was at conventions and hotels where the internet was really bad and how Speedify could have helped – that’s why they do use Speedify now when streaming from location!
My biggest advice is: get out there and start! You have your phone, you can use Camo and go straight to your computer. Or you can go directly on your phone with StreamYard. You don’t have to have all this fancy equipment and you need to get started because live streaming is not going away.