Join us LIVE with the famous Canadian comedy food review Twitch streamer, Navious!
- This event has passed.
The Italian Variety Streamer in Japan | Speedify LIVE
July 28 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
From Italy to Japan via USA
On the 109th episode of Speedify LIVE we talk to L.L. Maurizi, aka Italian in Japan, who went from Italy to the US to Japan, and has become a variety streamer and writer!
We chat to L.L about his journey to Japan, his favorite Italian foods, his dogs and their TikTok, and how he built his audience, among many other things.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our talk to Italian in Japan:
- L.L. started streaming from Japan thanks to an old friend, FTwilight. After starting with gaming, he quickly found that playing games offline and live on stream are not the same! When on a livestream, you have to interact with people, make them want to watch, promote the streams, etc. which didn’t always come naturally to him, so he expanded into variety streams of just chatting and sometimes even cooking.
- When it comes to building and keeping an audience, L.L. says that he likes to create an environment that is a very limited nonsense environment. He is very open to all kinds of discussions with his viewers, which is likely what keeps them coming back!
- L.L. has recently started a new YouTube channel, L.L’s Pills of! This is where people can find his Podcast about Japan that he hosts with FTwilight, as well as videos about his own takes on history, life, Japan, etc.
- The Italian in Japan is not just a streamer, but also an author! He has been writing and publishing short stories on his Patreon, which helps support him, and his first book, The Eight Lights, is coming out soon, while he’s already thinking of the sequel.
- L.L.’s worst streamergency so far: trying to IRL stream in the Japanese summer! His phone overheated, displayed error messages and shut down, so the next day his solution to this was to tape ice packs to the phone, trying to cool the phone down.
The way I see it is that a certain kind of streamer will attract a certain kind of audience. And the audience that is in a certain stream will retain the same kind of audience. In other words, when new people come in, they will stick around only if they find an environment that they like, and that environment is created originally by the streamer.