Join us LIVE with IRL Streamer and anatomy and physiology, genetics, microbiology, and immunology professor DrWD40, who uses bonding technology to livestream wildlife outdoors!
- This event has passed.
Building Glass Blowing Skills and a Twitch Community | Speedify LIVE
September 22 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
How Live Streaming on Twitch Helps a Glass-Blowing Business
On the 132nd episode of Speedify LIVE we take a look into the world of glass-blowing with self-taught glass-blowing artist and Twitch variety streamer GlassManCometh.
We talk about his journey in building a live community around his art, how streaming helps his glass business, the pros and cons of taking his creations to fairs, and how Pickle Rick fits into the glass-blowing.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with GlassManCometh:
- GlassMan says that streaming definitely helps his glass business in the monetary sense, but it’s less about the money. He highlights his community, how he’s built a close relationship with them, how members have made friends within the community, and how a number of them, being streamers themselves, support each other.
- We learn that GlassMan chose Twitch as his platform because he finds the Creative section of Twitch to still be the best place to do creative streams. Once he got partnered with Twitch, he didn’t see a reason to go anywhere else.
- When it comes to selling his creations, GlassMan’s platform of choice is Etsy. He says that despite things not being ideal after Etsy became a Publicly Traded Company, he still feels that it’s the best way for self-made artists to get people to find them and purchase their products.
- Due to the number of orders he receives, GlassMan has had to figure out the best, most cost-effective way for packaging and shipping his creations. Whenever he can, he uses an envelope instead of a box; he wraps his glass product in 2 feet of bubble wrap, puts that in a bubble mailer, which he folds, then puts that into a poly bag, to make sure everything is safe and waterproof.
- GlassManCometh’s community and Twitch Team is called the Goon Platoon, a name he came up with together with the community. It consists of GlassMan’s followers and subscribers, as well as other fellow streamers who they mutually support each other with.
Streaming really is less about money, it's just this passion I've developed over the years and it's become… my community is like a real place to me.