Turning Your Yard into a Winter Lights Show
Alexis Augustine turns the yard of her house into a winter wonderland every year. Located in Swarthmore, PA, just outside Philadelphia, it has become a local attraction people visit from all over the neighboring areas.
Augustine's Winter Wonderland features thousands of LED lights that follow a specific theme each year. Watch this IRL live stream of Speedify Live to see this true winter wonderland for yourself!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our livestream in a true Winter Wonderland:
- After our IRL Livestream setup worked so well the last couple of Holiday streams, we didn’t change a thing! We’re combining two cellular connections on an iPhone 12 Pro in Speedify, stabilizing the device on a DJI Osmo stabilizer, with two Rode Wireless microphones picking up the sound. The stream itself goes through Larix Broadcaster, as well as Restream Studio via RTMP link to all the livestreaming platforms.
- Augustine's Winter Wonderland features thousands of LED lights that follow a specific theme each year. In 2020 they won the PECO Lights Contest with their Circus theme, while in 2021 they’re running again with a Candyland-inspired display.
- Alexis says there are about 100-170 thousand lights set up, but there’s more of them every year, with about 50 new decorations per year, each of them carrying a special meaning. To set such an elaborate display up can take her about 2 months!
- Starting out as a loving gesture from Alexis’ father, the display has now grown into an annual event, visited by about ten thousand people just last year! This Winter Wonderland also serves as an opportunity to give back to the community, with a donation box ready for all visitors to give what they can.
- Having no sound on your livestream is as close to a Streamergency as you can get! Whenever you go Live, do make sure to have your microphone turned on, and facing the right way, so your audience can actually hear you – take it from us, we’ve learned from our own mistakes!