Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify CTO Brian - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Live Chat with Philly Sports Broadcaster Natalie Egenolf | Speedify LIVE
February 6 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST
On the 173rd episode of Speedify LIVE we welcome back the Philadelphia sports broadcasting legend, on-air talent & producer of The Lipstick League podcast, Natalie Egenolf, to talk about behind-the-scenes of live sports broadcasting, plus the latest (BIG) news in Philly sports!
We chat about Natalie’s history with sports, Super Bowl predictions and pre-game superstitions, and we show off our fun chat commands we’ve set up just for the Superbowl on our Twitch streams!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Natalie Egenolf:
- While Natalie has a LONG history working in sports, right now she is doing a lot of different things! She is working with the Rail Park as a digital communications strategist, trying to get the park onto phase to and completion, adding more green spaces, bike paths, café spots, etc. to Philadelphia, utilizing the old Pennsylvania railroad that’s been vacant for years.
- Natalie also runs a podcast called the Lipstick League, with co-host Nicole Michalick! Their podcast is more than just a sports or woman-focused podcast: they wanted to make women feel like they had a place where they could go that wasn’t just a “men’s space”. Their topics vary from sports to pop culture to astrology, to even more serious world issues.
- We learn that Natalie worked on the Mike Missanelli show through the pandemic from her couch! Because she shared the booth with Tyrone Johnson, they had to figure how to do the work without endangering each other; and since most sports stopped in 2020, they had to get creative and cover a wider variety of topics, making the most of it the best they could.
- Natalie says they created Lipstick League as a passion project, with the goal of just giving women a platform in sports. They’re focused on continuing to build it up, having guests, and promoting women empowerment, positivity and the importance of mental health, for which they attended the Selfish Conference.
- We’re so excited about both Starlink and the Eagles heading to the Super Bowl that we showed Natalie our fun chat commands! We’ve set up a number of Eagles-related commands on our 24/7 Starlink Twitch stream so people could have fun and cheer for the Philly team with us.
I tell people all the time: you don’t just sit down and become good at it. It’s repetition and it’s dedication, and it’s kind of taking every job that comes your way. That has led me to where I am today.