Join us for live Q&A, tech support, and Speedify update news from our developers.
- This event has passed.
Pro Mobile Live Streaming with Chris Carson of SteadiLive
August 3, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
How to Live Stream Professionally on Mobile Devices
Chris Carson is one of the most passionate people about live streaming we know. He is the enabler for SteadiLive - mobile live streaming - and has done thousands of live streams so far, whether it's events, weddings, commercials or music videos.
Watch this episode of Speedify Live to find out some great tips on live streaming your events, mobile setup, including gear recommendations, best practices when it comes to Internet connectivity and many others to make sure your live streams will look professional.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with Chris Cason:
- When it comes to streaming gear, Chris says you have to find the right tool for the right job! From using your iPhone’s camera(s) and even switching between them in Switcher Studio, to using a Logitech Mevo, it all depends on the job. He also recommends software like Ecamm Live for streaming and Speedify for making sure your stream goes on uninterrupted!
- Chris mentions Switcher Studio, a multicamera streaming software for iOS that removes all the excessive hardware that was previously needed for professional livestreaming and makes it all software based. It enables you to single-handedly operate your stream through only Switcher Studio and a mobile streaming app, from a single device.
- When streaming from iOS you can run into the issue of your video stopping whenever you move away from the streaming app. Chris has a great solution for this: use Slide Over on your iOS device when streaming, and continue the stream even if you’re not on the streaming app.
- SteadiLive focuses a lot on their community! Their Facebook Group has over 700 active users, actively sharing experiences. Not only that, but SteadiLive’s Blogs also share information about how to optimize your streams.
- For audio, Chris recommends the Rode Go 2 microphones: plug the receiver directly in your iOS device, and the two microphones will even record their own audio feed, so there’s no need for a field recorder or mixer. They can also be used in different ways: clipped on a shirt, used as a corded or a handheld mic when slid onto a microphone stick.
On our live streaming tips group, we talk about Speedify all the time, because there's nothing like it on the market. Just because you have 4 or 5 bars of LTE, that doesn't mean anything. Even if you have an amazing fiber connection, Speedify is totally worth looking at, for reliability.