Join us LIVE for a demo of our new Pair & Share feature and Q&A with Speedify CTO Brian - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE: Behind the Scenes with OBS
February 22, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST
Ben tells us how this community-driven project continues to evolve, how to actually pronounce OBS, and gives us all the details of the latest OBS update, even demonstrating some of them for us!
Here are our 5 takeaways from our chat with OBS dev, Ben Torell:
- Ben tells us that what makes OBS different from other streaming platforms that it’s not just meant for one single type of streaming. They have left that decision up to you, and allow you to use the software in any way that suits your streaming style. They focused on making a program that’s flexible enough to cover all the different use cases that may arise.
- If you have any questions, or have run into any issues with OBS, there’s multiple ways to contact OBS’s volunteer support team! You can go to the OBS Forum, join their Discord channel, or head to Twitter, as the project members and developers keep an eye on OBS mentions to be able to help anyone having problems.
- With the latest version, OBS 27.2, users now have the ability to hide OBS from screen capture, so you could finally avoid that scary infinite string of OBS in your capture! And it’s available to you with just a couple clicks!
- OBS 27.2 also offers a way to detect, find and change duplicate Hotkeys very easily! Now, when you have multiple actions set for the same Hotkey, you’ll see a small warning sign, which will also allow you to filter out the duplicates and change them easily, without having to go through your entire hotkey list.
- When it comes to advice for streamers, Ben says that if you think streaming could be fun, just go for it! The tools are out there, and OBS is free to download and the community can offer a lot of help if needed.
I would say that we're not primarily financially motivated. I don't blame anybody for being that, but our goal is just to make a good program for everybody.