Join us LIVE for Q&A with Alex and the Speedify Engineers - plus updates about what's new in Speedify, trivia, tips, and tech support!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE IRL: Let’s Go to Rim Cafe!
January 20, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST
Exploring a Sweet Spot in Philadelphia's Italian Market
The 46th episode of Speedify Live is all about making it happen, as we visit the Rim Café with Speedify’s own Philadelphia expert, Barb Kilmartin, and try a number of delicacies only available in this one of a kind location.
We are also joined by Rene, the owner of Rim Café, who shares his tasty creations with us, and tells us his plans for an upcoming special event.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our IRL stream in Rim Café:
- Our IRL Livestream setup is as follows: combining the cellular data of an iPhone 12 Pro with the mobile hotspot of a Google Pixel 4A in Speedify, running on the iPhone. It is stabilized on a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Gimbal and has two connected Rode Wireless Go II microphones. We're also using Larix Broadcaster, as well as Restream Studio via RTMP link to stream to a number of livestreaming platforms.
- One of the things the Rim Café is known for is Rene’s special baked cannoli, which came to be because one day Rene just asked himself “Why do people only have cold cannoli?” So he made baked cannoli happen.
- Rene has many unique creams and toppings for both his baked cannoli and his volcano hot chocolate: from various nuts, raisins and ginger engrossed in saffron honey, to homemade chocolate and peanut butter, to his one of a kind pistachio cream.
- Rim café also has its own livestreams over on Instagram and Facebook, sometimes on YouTube. He says you can go online to either make your business “wow” or to teach people what you’re making. And teaching is Rene’s goal in streaming.
- This year, 2022, will mark Rim Café’s 40th anniversary so Rene is planning for a big event on May 10th: he’s planning on having multiple food stations, with chefs from all over the country, and wants to cook over 20 types of food in one big pan.
We are all here in this world for only one reason. Making it happen. because if you don’t make it, someone else will.