Join us live with on-air talent & producer of The Lipstick League podcast, Natalie Egenolf, the Philadelphia sports broadcasting legend formerly of NBC Sports Philly, 97.5 The Phanatic, and betPARX to talk about behind-the-scenes of live sports broadcasting, plus the latest (BIG) news in Philly sports!
- This event has passed.
Speedify LIVE Office Hours: Q&A With Our Developers
December 28, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
On the 163rd episode of Speedify LIVE we hold our weekly Office Hours, this time with Speedify CTO Brian Prodoehl filling in as host!
We take viewer questions, chat about some recent features in Speedify and what the Team’s been up to with Starlink, what we’ve learned so far from our 24/7 streams, and take a look at some more Mailbag Questions.
Here are our 5 takeaways from our Office Hours:
- Speedify has two bonding modes: Speed Mode and Redundant Mode. Speed mode will intelligently balance the traffic between connections trying to get the best aggregated speed over them - this also has and Enhance Streaming toggle that will help prioritize streams; and Redundant Mode which will not give you better speeds, but rather more reliability.
- Over the last weeks of 2022 the Speedify Team has been running a non-stop Starlink Livestream to test and learn! We’ve set up a Starlink RV setup with a couple cameras on the Speedify building to run tests live to learn more about how Starlink works, and how Speedify can improve to work better with it.
- Mailbag Question No.1 brings up a slightly hidden feature of Speedify: the overflow threshold. Based on what we’ve seen in daily use of Speedify with a Wi-Fi and a cellular combined, the Wi-Fi is often fast enough, so there’s no need for the cellular connection. Which is why we’ve added the Overflow Threshold, which means that if the Primary connection is 35 Mbps or faster, Speedify will only use the Primary.
- Mailbag Question No.2 brings up the question of using Speedify for all its features without the VPN. Due to the way Speedify works, it needs the VPN server in order to be able to do the seamless failovers we do between connections. Because of this, we need the VPN aspect, and it cannot be disabled.
- Mailbag Question No.3 brings up the question of client-to-client communication while Speedify is active. At this time, because of how Speedify works, everything is partitioned so there’s no way to allow client-to-client communication with Speedify on – BUT we may look into this more in 2023!
We have a live stream going that’s just showing the city skyline, and that’s a really good way to see how Starlink works, and what we can do with Speedify to make that even better. It’s taught us a lot and it’s nice to sit down for a few hours and do a bunch of testing to different places over Starlink, and see how it performs at a network level.